🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX
Upvote 0

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Martha's Vineyard

NHBandit said:
Chappaquiddick. I've heard there's a famous 67 Oldsmobile lost in the water near there.... Possibly full of empty beer cans.. :icon_pirat:
If Ted drove a VW he could have been president.

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign

I don't think to many from here goes to Martha's Vineyard. don't you have to have more money than god to go there and also be a drunk driver?

Attachments

• 437607350v_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.png
    437607350v_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,175

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2

I went there with my wife a few years ago. We had the best time!
I would hit the common at oak bluffs and try some places arond Edgartown.
GL and HH!!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

melnibe said:
I'm going to Martha's Vineyard for the weekend 6/18/10- 6/20/10. I'm bringing my Whites DFX and was wondering if anyone can share a good spot I could go for a couple hours. I appriciate any input..........................Thanks

Did you happen to find the treasure of Captain William "Trader" Jack? I hope not because I plan on finding it in early August when I go to the Vineyard.

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on Martha's Vineyard year round in the Oak Bluffs area and just yesterday I found a gold ring from 1901 on state beach which im taking to the jewelers today to find out more about it. I would recommend trying state beach as well but also south beach because there is an old shipwreck off of there that'll wash up nice items every now and then. I have also had some luck at waban park in Oak Bluffs where i once found an Indian Head penny from 1900.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I live on Martha's Vineyard year round in the Oak Bluffs area and just yesterday I found a gold ring from 1901 on state beach which im taking to the jewelers today to find out more about it. I would recommend trying state beach as well but also south beach because there is an old shipwreck off of there that'll wash up nice items every now and then. I have also had some luck at waban park in Oak Bluffs where i once found an Indian Head penny from 1900.
Were did you find it in all the snow you have there? Plus this post OP is 5 years old And the poster …. melnibe ...has not been on Tnet for over 4 years now

Last edited:

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found it just along the shoreline where the tides had washed away all the snow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread