Need advice on upgrade

wiimii

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2010
New to site so hello all. Its time to upgrade from ACE 250. Have 3 brands to decide from Whites MXT, GTI 1500, Omega 8000. The area i am working is small 100+ year old farming community. Heavy CW activity, finding things on top of ground very common and if one takes the time to walk fields after plowing can find a lot of things on ground. Trail of Tears passed 1/4 mile from our farm and a lot of Indians in area. Have mounds on family members land. Have access to all farms in community. Community church is as old as community and has all activities held there. Area never been worked. I find a lot of things with 250 but I'm sure i am missing a lot. Advice on what you think would be best machine for type of area would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the MXT would be your best choice. I haven't ever used a 8000 but have the GTI 1500 and don't use it for anything anymore. I won't say it is a POS, but it hasn't been the same since Garrett "fixed it" few years ago. Maybe yours will be better if you get one. I like the easy of use of the MXT and found it to be quite stable.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll admit to being biased on the MXT. I've had very good results with mine and the three mode flexibility is a plus as well as the excellent selection of coils. If you can afford it, I'd purchase the new MXT pro which is basically the same as the earlier machine, but has several worth while additions (in my opinion). Backlight for poor light conditions, optional 7 tone id to name several.
HH
luvsdux

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Sandman .......I have a garrett GTI 1500 and after garrett repaired it i did not trust it any more .........And do not use it that much. I am not a Whites person but i used a lot of Whites and if i were to buy one it would be the MXT i liked it better than any of the other whites. The Omega 8000 is also a nice detector.............. the MXT is almost turn on and hunt and i am a switch & knob person.....

Attachments

• realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 153
  • realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 147

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now in my test plot my Minelab will hit loud and clear on dime down 7 inches and 8 and 10............. My Garrett will not pick up the one at 7 inches no matter how i set it..........

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 122

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread