Old School Lot Day 2 and ID help request

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I finally made it back to the lot next to an old school. There was house torn down about 2 years ago that had been there since the early 1900s. Here are the finds from about 2 hours today.
09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds1.jpg

09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds9.jpg

09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds2.jpg

I was only able to do a very small area with all the nails and junk on the lot. The tire chain was laid out flat about 3-4 inches down. Unfortunately no coins yet. I had my XLT set to Coin/Jewelery mode. It's going to take forever to go over this lot.

2 things I'm hoping someone can help me identify.

The first is a metal ring from VAL. BLATZ BREWING CO. It's about 2.75" across and 1" high and is threaded to screw into something. Not sure if this attached to a keg or something else.
09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds3.jpg

The second is possibly a tool of some kind. It's just under 12" long and about an inch wide.
09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds6.jpg

09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds7.jpg

09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds8.jpg

I can't make out the lettering on the 2 sides. I tried some different filters in Photoshop but none of them helped.
09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds5.jpg

09JUL10MetalDetectingFinds4.jpg

Any help with these will be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on hunting an area like this? Is there a progression of settings to go through discriminating more to less or just run wide open and dig everything?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top letter group looks like "UCONO" and the second group looks like "USA EDN".

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Fropa, just curious: If you were in "coin/jewlrey" mode, what's with all the iron nails?

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
The maybe tool kinda looks like a tool for masonry work, Think it was called a striker and was used to finish the joints between the bricks or blocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread