Problems Balancing My DFX

Mac Tools Dude

Jun 21, 2010
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Hi Folks,

I had a problem today that I haven't run into before. I was at my fathers new home in a rural area of SC. Upon trying to balance the detector I realize that I couldn't get it to happen. I followed the directions and raised it to waist level then to ground level but the ground level would never balance and defaulted to a some other settings.

The area was very sandy. I tried it various times in various areas with no success. I restarted the machine man times and never had any success.

What could be the problem?

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should have went to factory setting. this has happen to me a few times also. But mine would say going to factory setting and I could hunt with no problems......Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Mlayers said the factory setting default should reset it and just go hunting. Perhaps they have a security fence or buried dog fence. Any electrical fences near by. Did you clean out the coil cover too? When mine does this I call it all kinds of names, it doesn't make it work but I feel better.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should not do this over sand, unless it's the wet salt water sand at the beach....
As in tidal water wet sand...

but when mine does this it generally means there is some type
of interference in the area.

This happens if you try to "air" balance it on the ground ..... right ? same thing ?
Something I noticed is I have an "Inline Probe" with a flip switch that jockeys it back and forth from
machine to probe, if I accidentally leave it in the "probe" mode, it will do this everytime...
but of course the machine will not detect anything on the ground when it's in probe mode.

Sometimes you just have to chalk it up as being in a certain area, if you go somewhere else
to another yard or location, does your balance work again ?
Probably...
Just something in that area that is affecting it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread