Florida beach detecting

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i cant say for where you are going, but there is no beach hunting law that i know of. It is ok to detect on public beaches. If I am wrong, someone correct me :D

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Allen, I don't tell too many people this, but it is I ...... yes I ....... that own all those beaches. And I authorize you to metal detect. I normally charge $50 each for the permit, but since you were kind enough to ask first, I will let this one slide. Have fun.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only rule is if you dig a hole, fill it in, even at the beach.

I saw one kid not looking where he was running and got his foot caught in one left by some jerk. Kid sprained his ankle pretty good.

Other than that, the beach is wide open. Have a ball! :icon_pirat:

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Smudge said:
The only rule is if you dig a hole, fill it in, even at the beach.

I saw one kid not looking where he was running and got his foot caught in one left by some jerk. Kid sprained his ankle pretty good.

Other than that, the beach is wide open. Have a ball! :icon_pirat:

That will teach them to watch where they are going we all had to learn some how. ;D

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Not nice Jason.... I feel sorry for the kid. He has a right to run around without falling into a hole left by some clown.

The Cat

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Wildcat said:
Not nice Jason.... I feel sorry for the kid. He has a right to run around without falling into a hole left by some clown.

The Cat
I sometimes even fill in the holes left by kids who dig huge craters. Seems that it is OK for them to dig and leave all kinds of garbage in the sand. I can't tell you how much garbage I have picked up from people. Tons for sure. If we leave a beach better than when we got there, then we have done a good job!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Acre for acre, beaches have much less trash than parks or most dry-land sites. Yet, if you dig it, take it with you, trash or treasure. Who knows, if you come back to the same place, why dig it again?? Beaches are my favorites! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread