ANY opinions on imports (China/Japan) Metal Detectors?

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I have an opportunity to acquire a fistful of these "no name" machines, but I gotta tell ya, I never hear any mention of any off brand machines on here. I mean the specs look good as far as tit for tat, but honestly, YOUR opinions matter to me as to whether or not I get these things. Obviously I would want to resell them and probably keep one for myself. ANYway, what's your input...Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never hear mention of them here? .... 'nough said. TTC

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
To try and resell ok, but not good to use :read2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya if you can get any body to buy them but it will be a hard sell i don't think any one here would buy them. Were would they get them repaired ?? Can you get different size coils for them ?? And what other accessories can you get for the detector??

Attachments

• 437607350v_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.png
    437607350v_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,084
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,048
OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Wo wo wo, stop right there lol! I wouldn't WANT to sell ANYTHING that I wouldn't want to buy myself. If they're crap, well then they're crap and it wouldn't sit well with me at all to knowingly do so. I'll pass on them and let them go. I have morals you know! lol, but I appreciate the responses. They looked good on paper, but I go to bed with a clear conscious and want to wake up with one. Thanks again all... it was just a thought :sign13:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best to look as a few of the Bulgarian and Polish machines. Quite a bit cheaper, often with a five year warranty and performance is up with the likes of the T2 and F75.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the idea with Chinese junk and fakes, the exterior points at value but once it's too late you find out the quality isn't there. I'm curious if you are well versed in detector jargon because the specs. are usually good enough to impress someone new, but a real mess to someone who knows a bit.

The little money you would make would probably not be worth the pain from complaints. That being said, there is one Chinese detector that at least one poster/user talked about, and said it was quite good for such a low price. Personally I would probably pass on all Chinese detectors but don't often pass up a way to make easy $$$ so I never say never. (I just don't like problems after the fact)

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Go wash your hands and then wash out your mouth! Take a extra large dose of some
mind clearing whatever ( LSD comes to mine ) and go to the black board an wright
" I Will Never Think Or Speak Of This Again " 500 times !!!!!!!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we have this thread deleted?

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
YIKES! What did I do lol, I was only asking! And delete the thread? Why is right? We all learn from one anothers knowledge and opinions. I guess I didn't know they were all that bad. These were brand new machines in the box and just thought it was an opportunity. I never saw them or got to the stage of trying them out, that's why I thought I would ask my pals (youz guyz) their opinions before I bought them, and I'm real glad I did! As far as the LSD, is that still available :icon_scratch: lol, how bout I write it 250 times and never bring it up again?

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. lennon, where were you the night these so called md's were manufactored? Do you have an alibi? ???

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
china is not a free country.

In my view, ANYONE that voluntarily supports china is to be considered the enemy within!

Don't like what I just said? complain to mao eates dung.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hey I just tested one it pick up a quarter at 1 and 1/2 inches full blast.Ha ha :laughing9:

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Alibi? Ummmmm, well, uh, I was home alone watching tv I tell ya, yeah, yeah, that's it, watching tv alone. A CIA guy told me to take the fall for this, code name "duffus", I'm innocent I tell Ya...ON TOP OF THE WORLD MAAAAAAA!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
lennon631 said:
Alibi? Ummmmm, well, uh, I was home alone watching tv I tell ya, yeah, yeah, that's it, watching tv alone. A CIA guy told me to take the fall for this, code name "duffus", I'm innocent I tell Ya...ON TOP OF THE WORLD MAAAAAAA!
HaHa, PMP

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you own a cell phone, a DVD player, a car or truck, a microwave, etc., etc., etc., most likely all of it or a great portion of it wasn't made in the US, sad but true. The patriot in me wants to tell you, "Hell No!" However, the business mind in me wants to tell you that there will always be endless patriots out there ready to buy whatever you are selling at a bargin price. Again, sad but so true. What you do is up to you. :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Montauk3 said:
W
Piercesdad said:
Can we have this thread deleted?
Why?
That's what i would like to know..........WHY............I was thinking the same thing .........WHY DELETE IT.....?? DO YOU THINK THAT....Piercesdad...could give us a good reason I DOUBT IT>>

Attachments

5.6 KB · Views: 502
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 450
    5.6 KB · Views: 496

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one that looks like a clone of the Whites XLT but in plastic. Also its sold around the $150 mark. You get a detector that will hit a large coin at 10 inches in reasonable ground. Drawback is you have to sweep at a fraction of the speed of the Whites and the recovery speed is bad. The mode change switch on a Whites will last for thousand of hours of use, on the Chinese they can wear out in a few hundred hours.

You get what you pay for.

Its funny to say China is not a free country so why make the U.S. the same by banning posts mentioning these cheap products as they act as a warning what not to buy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lennon631 said:
Wo wo wo, stop right there lol! I wouldn't WANT to sell ANYTHING that I wouldn't want to buy myself. If they're crap, well then they're crap and it wouldn't sit well with me at all to knowingly do so. I'll pass on them and let them go. I have morals you know! lol, but I appreciate the responses. They looked good on paper, but I go to bed with a clear conscious and want to wake up with one. Thanks again all... it was just a thought :sign13:

I couldn't have said it any better! :thumbsup: How could you push this junk on a future treasure hunter just to make a dime? You have to really be a low life to take advantage of people like this when we are trying to push knowledge of the proper detectors to buy and use so they get the max enjoyment out of the hobby like we are doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread