A goldmine for you Ohioans...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: A goldmine for you Ohioan's...

Wow! Thanks for the link. I'll have to check some out if I can ever drag my butt out of the woods.

Since there may be some Ohioans looking here I'll give a link to some old Ohio topo maps. It's where I find old cellar holes to hunt. Many are on public hunting land owned by the watershed in my neck of the woods.
http://railsandtrails.com/USGS1900/OH/index.html

-Swartzie

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What's nice about the site swartzie is, you have a complete listing of all the schools broken down by county. But, it get even better. It also shows you the older schools and when they were built. Even the location and if they are still standing or not. But, what I like best about the site, is that it gives you the info on what schools will soon be demolished. If you can time it right when the ground is torn up, it can be a potential avalanche of finds :thumbsup:

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

njnydigger said:
What's nice about the site swartzie is, you have a complete listing of all the schools broken down by county. But, it get even better. It also shows you the older schools and when they were built. Even the location and if they are still standing or not. But, what I like best about the site, is that it gives you the info on what schools will soon be demolished. If you can time it right when the ground is torn up, it can be a potential avalanche of finds :thumbsup:

Indeed! An awesome link. I have a couple books on local history with tons of pictures. Many of the schools on the site are in the books too. Thanks again for the link. I have it bookmarked.
-Swartzie

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

been using that site for 2 yrs.........now everyone knows!.........SHHHHHHHHHHH!..lol.lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread