When to keep your mouth shut

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Last week I posted a new podcast (radio show you can listen to on your computer) about the advantages of talking to everybody you know (and more importantly, people you don't know) about your hobby.

Now, here's the other side of the coin. When NOT to talk about your hobby. You can save yourself untold grief by just keeping your mouth shut sometimes.

The program is short - about three minutes - and it's show #010 at:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

You'll have to scroll down quite a ways to get to it. It's dated 2008, but it's really brand new. I replaced the old #010 with this new one, and the original show number and date stays on the web page.

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not who you talk to, it's all about what details you share. People who I know that are really into the hobby I'll talk about any of my finds, but those that aren't, it's all about bullets and maybe an old worthless penny.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,

I've searched around your site looking for the podcast you spoke about with no luck.

Instead of us having to waste time searching an entire website why don't you just give us a direct link to what you want us to hear. It would be much quicker and easier that way. :icon_thumleft:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Depends. (Not adult diapers, either.)

Sometimes a little notoriety can swing leads your way. Other times, its just lead (as in led). I'd rather have the leads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread