Whites M6 Users

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Re: White's M6 Users

Are you researching because you're looking for a machine? I run the M6 and love it! When it comes to coins, it's a VACUUM! I find SO much clad that it's ridiculous, older coins too. Having all those tones is awesome. As far as gold? I am just sick of the pulltab ratio which is with ANY machine, so it's entirely my fault not wanting to dig em'. Don't dig the tabs, you don't find the gold, but again, that is of no fault to the machine. It is great in trashy areas because of the tones as well. All in all, it's in my honest opinion a "pay for itself" machine. Perhaps you should also ask a more seasoned user for I have only had mine just over three months... Paul

OP
OP
G

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705

Bought the machine to trade the coinmaster in which was useless to me in our ground because it went off in all metal mode whenever the coil contacted the ground, so it did in PP too. Was told by the dealer the next upgrade was the M6 because until then they would be the same electronics just with more bells and whistles. The coinmaster was to be a backup machine for my minelab 705. I've been out with the M6 for a few hours and am very impressed with this machine. It's now a tossup as to which machine I take out now as both are very good mid level machines. The 705 has more features but the M6 is a great turn on and go machine that actually air tested deeper than the 705.

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer

I was never a big fan of air testing other then to make sure your machine is working, but I'm glad you like it and as I said, it's a coin vacuum! Good Luck! Paul :icon_thumleft:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

gambler go thru the brands page for whites, and there are a couple good threads on the M6. I borrowed one and put 20+ hours on it. If I had to say anything bad about it, I would say that the toggle switch is easily damaged, its in a spot where it can easily take a knock. Other than that, it's all thumbs up.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

I own a M-6,it's now my backup.It's a nice machine,simple to use,nice multi-tones.It's good on nickels and other low condutors.It is not in the same class as my Explorer,however,in finding silver and copper in trashy sites as you find in parks,schools ect.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

for the beach, its GREAT!!!! for parks, its great!!!! for everything else its great!!! though its hard to use in highly mineralized ground.

reporter1

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2010
Central California
Detector(s) used
M6

I got an M6 in Feb. 2009. I've got the 6"x10" DD coil on it and it kicks some serious rear end. Last year was my first year metal detecting. I finished with 11,265 coins, 24 silver rings, and 18 silver coins. The M6 is a coin-killer.

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD

I've used the M6 for the last 3 years. Love the tone ID and the power of this little machine . IMHO this is the best turn on and go machine made today. It will rival most of the big name expensive programable machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread