Florida in 2005

Diggin Deep

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2004
New Hampshire
I will be heading to Florida to treasurehunt since the ground is frozen solid in New Hampshire during the month of Feb. I own a White's XLT and have difficulty hunting the beach even when using the installed program of beach and jewelry. It goes off constantly with every swing. (Only at the beach) Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I also want to know what detector can I purchase strictly for the beach. I will not be diving with it just scanning the beach area. Thanks for the help. I found this site by accident and just love it. Reading the stories are great and have given me good pointers. :)

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't resist. I like my whites on the soil but for the beach, I LOVE MY Minelab. The new Soverign Elite is top notch. I have a XS2-a Pro and I can't say enough about it. For the Fla. sand I have also used the Fisher CZ7 and it worked just fine. The Minelab, however, does not make that chirp when going from dry to wet. That really made my mind up for me. Any way ,hope I helped. HH! Chris

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There goes SouthernGent preaching about the Soveriegns again ::) The kicker is i learn from everything he has to say about them ;D

Just funnin ya SouthernGent :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions