MD in the Black Hills of SD?

bop222

Sep 19, 2004
Hello all...if all goes according to plan, I should be picking up a new Prizm IV this weekend...my first detector...I know I have lots to learn but I also will be travelling to the western part of SD the following week...anyone out there have any experience with detecting that part of the world? Any recommendations....?? Looking forward to learning and listening to all the folks on this forum...

Thanks

Upvote 0

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Black Hills are beautiful but watch where you hunt. There is a group called the Black Hills Farmers and Ranchers Association that shoots first and asks questions later. Be Careful!!!!
HH
Oldgold

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello bop222. Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help you with western SD, but maybe you'll get a chuckle out of this joke re: that area...

A guy died and met St. Peter at the pearly gates. St. Peter asked him if he had ever done any significant good deeds. "Hmmm..." he said, "I was metal detecting in the Black Hills, when I saw a biker gang hassling a blonde lady. I couldn't leave her there, so I walked up to the biggest and meanest biker. I pulled his ponytail, yanked out his nosering, punched him in the gut and pushed over his bike. Then I turned around and told the rest of the gang that if they were going to hassle this lady, they'd have to go through me!"

"Wow," said St. Peter. "Pretty good! When did this happen?"

"Just a few minutes ago," he said. ?;D

Happy hunting in the Black Hills. Watch out for Harley riders. Some of them are friends of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions