Headphones

beep-beep

Jan 14, 2010
North Carolina , Bertie
Detector(s) used
BH-Quick Silver,Ace 250,BH pinpointer and the DetectorPRO Pistol PROBE
What brand of detector do you have? Take the ace 150,250,350 and detectors similar the beep is the same regardless of depth so any type headphones will work. But some detectors you need to listen for the faint signals with those you need good headphones.I have not tried any you listed but I’ll sure others have.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most made for detecting will do. Ones with volume control (on both sides if your hearing is not balanced) are best. Good padding help isolate sounds. I personally like a snog but not too tight or lose fit. I currently have the Rat Phones and they are taking a beating and still going good.

Ed D.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites IDX Pro. They came with a set of ROYAL GT? I think that was the name, they were maroon in color volume control on each ear, padded and fit me fine. I used them until I got the RAT Phones. They worked very well until one day I used them at the beach, a misty blowing day, I think they got moisture in the volume controls.

I see guys using all types, with the Whites, Killer Bs', Gray Ghost. But most just use the ones they got with there detectors.

Ed D.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure Qest,

Grey Ghost uniformly makes the most popular and respected headphones that I have found.

However, you didn't say where you lived. I'm down South, and in the summer time those padded headphones can get awfully sweaty and uncomfortable. I tend to go with the lightest weight set I can find for those months.

OP
OP
T

Treasure Quest

Jan 17, 2008
Thanks for the information guys. I mainly detect in NE PA. Although I do get to Fl and NC but I use my BHID for those locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread