1940s pocket spill on the hill

MtnBluBrd

Oct 12, 2010
ID - UT - TX
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I was metal detecting in the mountains where I heard an old cabin once was. On the side of a pretty steep hill I found a pocket spill from WWII era:

1940 and 1945 Wheat Pennies
Steel Penny
War Nickel
1942 Mercury dime
1943 Quarter
Buffalo Nickel

It was my first pocket spill and a fun find! ;D I was able to cross off a few on my "someday I wanna find" list- like the steel penny. Someone must have took a spill on the hill back in the day and lost their change...

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
MtnBluBrd said:
I was metal detecting in the mountains where I heard an old cabin once was. On the side of a pretty steep hill I found a pocket spill from WWII era:

1940 and 1945 Wheat Pennies
Steel Penny
War Nickel
1942 Mercury dime
1943 Quarter
Buffalo Nickel

It was my first pocket spill and a fun find! ;D I was able to cross off a few on my "someday I wanna find" list- like the steel penny.
Someone must have took a spill on the hill back in the day and lost their change...

:icon_thumright: That is a great find. Nothing more exciting than hitting 1,2,3,4,etc coins in a spill or small cache especially when they are a bit dated and a good mixture. Congrats! ;D

planejet42

Jan 5, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds!!!!!! I have never found an old coin spill, I've only found clad coin spills! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread