mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it is a pawn shop offer them $125 for it if thy say no then go to Kellyco and get a new one for $215 and it will have a warranty with it....Matt

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Since it is a pawn shop offer them $125 for it if thy say no then go to Kellyco and get a new one for $215 and it will have a warranty with it....Matt
Since the guy is a Garrett's dealer and it is new then it should have a warranty, no? If so, I say go for it. It's a good entry level detector from what i've read, since it's introduction. If it's not actually new then you can do better elsewhere.

OP
OP
easye

easye

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
SPANISH FORT
Thanks for the comments. As Matt mentioned, they are a Garrett dealer and the unit is new with a warranty. This pawn dealer actually has three locations. The store I am buying from is managed by his son, who told me that his Dad has wide range of Garrett detectors at his store. They do offer some used models, but as just soon buy new at that price.

His Dad enjoyed metal detecting in the past. While speaking with his son today, he told me that his Dad found a Civil War officer's brass boot spur while hunting on family land in Virgina. He also mentioned some local places in Alabama where they would find cannon balls while flounder fishing along the banks when they were kids. Can you believe that the grandfather kept throwing them back in the water because they where weighing the boat down. We're talking about areas that pirates are rumored to have stashed their treasure.

I have secured an old home site for my first hunt and I'm super stoked!!
Thanks again to all that commented. I truly appreciate the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread