In a quandry..

dirthog

Mar 25, 2011
Talk with kellyco rep today and found that based on the soil in NC I need a detector with a manual balance.. Seems most of the good ones are $350+.. I dont ebay or paypal so buying used may be a problem.. Fixed income is a issue so cost is a concern at the moment... So any suggestions on finding a capable detector at a good price would be appreciated... THanks

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your best bet is to deal with cash then. Check out pawn shops and test the thing for working.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
agree with the pawnshops, alot of people that got detectors at xmas and didn't like them or lost interest get rid of them there :thumbsup: plus you can bargin with them there.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirthog said:
Talk with kellyco rep today and found that based on the soil in NC I need a detector with a manual balance.. Seems most of the good ones are $350+.. I dont ebay or paypal so buying used may be a problem.. Fixed income is a issue so cost is a concern at the moment... So any suggestions on finding a capable detector at a good price would be appreciated... THanks

Where are you in nc ?

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I got our detectors in a pawn shop, traded two rifles straight across for them. (we didn't use the rifles)
The first detector is a Whites Gold Master V/sat (mine), the second is a Fisher Gold Bug (hers). They are older detectors and are in good shape. No major finds yet, but they are fun. I also have a Gold Digger, it is fun to use.
Nevada Coyote
Check the pawn shops, older detectors will do the same job as the new ones.

OP
OP
D

dirthog

Mar 25, 2011
have been checking the pawnshops. no luck yet.. Where I live is pretty much untouched by metal detectors.. I live in Roxboro Nc Torrero.. Gonna keep looking, and may have to bite the bullet and order one.. Thanks for your input

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the TreasureNet and metal detecting hobby. Before you commit, ask around locally. There is a local club down in Raleigh. You could ask some of those folks their thoughts about detectors. Most all of the members that I'm associated with have detectors that offer a ground balancing feature and nobody has issues getting the machines balanced while still getting good depth. Check out their web site and forum.

www.trr.club.officelive.com

OP
OP
D

dirthog

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for the link Dwight.. Will contact Keith this afternoon.. Mark

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirthog said:
Thanks for the link Dwight.. Will contact Keith this afternoon.. Mark

I'm in Charlotte, that's why I was asking...

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with New England Detectors - one of the forum sponsors. Andrew has demo's for sale from time to time. And he is a great guy to do business with! He should be able to help you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread