Tesoro Sand Shark and Tiger Shark ARE IN STOCK at Kellyco...

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Choosing which coil to get is going to be a problem for most. I recommed the 10" for most beach and water work. But the 8" is good for the small chains, which don't have much weight anyway but are still fun to find if you don't cut it with the scoop.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a year late I bought the Excal last year......Matt

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the coils were hardwired, Kellyco website says interchangeable.

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:

I believe your correct on the new units it is hardwired... I will have it corrected. We only put up what we are given from the manufacturer but I will make sure and update the post in the morning as well as the site if needed...

Dan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other things missleading about the Big K site than wrong information of the detectors or what comes with them but they are trying. You just need to do your research first so you know whats what. You don't get that with Mike or Joe (USA).

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
There are other things missleading about the Big K site than wrong information of the detectors or what comes with them but they are trying. You just need to do your research first so you know whats what. You don't get that with Mike or Joe (USA).

Hi Sandman :)
Yes we are trying. Can you be more specific? Everything that we have come across we've fixed...so we would love to know what issues you have or have had so we can address them!

thanks in advance :)

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:

Ok, we checked the actual units and the coils and headphones are hardwired. We will correct the pages to reflect the new units. Tesoro's website also says that they are interchangeable so I will attempt to get theirs changed as well.

Sandman, I would also like to know what you see is misleading as I will have it corrected... The last thing we want to do is mislead anyone...

Dan

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the 10" coils go deeper, the 8" coils are mcuh easier to pinpoint with.

It's always a tradeoff, isn't it? ;D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
mlayers said:
Just a year late I bought the Excal last year......Matt

Just between you and me, you got the better machine. That's just my own personal opinion.
Yes sir .. M badger .. Is right there you got the best one in the Excal........... Don't look back and don't get rid of the Excal or later you will kick your self..........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meditatively said:
Lindon said:

Ok, we checked the actual units and the coils and headphones are hardwired. We will correct the pages to reflect the new units. Tesoro's website also says that they are interchangeable so I will attempt to get theirs changed as well.

Sandman, I would also like to know what you see is misleading as I will have it corrected... The last thing we want to do is mislead anyone...
Dan
I just visited the site and though I didn't take a lot of time, nothing jumped out at me so you have improved. Only question I have is the Don't pay Retail quote. Are you selling retail or wholesale? In my defense I was a proof reader. Running a website is difficult when the people doing the editing aren't MD literate.

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
meditatively said:
Lindon said:

Dan
I just visited the site and though I didn't take a lot of time, nothing jumped out at me so you have improved. Only question I have is the Don't pay Retail quote. Are you selling retail or wholesale? In my defense I was a proof reader. Running a website is difficult when the people doing the editing aren't MD literate.

Hey Sandman,

We are a retail seller as well was wholesale on some products. The majority is B2C retail though. The comment "Don't Pay Retail" is based on the MSRP or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price which we are always lower than what the manufacturer suggests. On top of that some manufacturers that sell the products themselves market their own products at a higher "retail price" that what we sell it for so we are really considered our price as discounted off of the actual retail from the manufacturer.

Proof reader ehh... Need a job? haha.. but really... PM me if you need work... we have well over 5000 pages that are yearning for proofing by an experienced detectorist.

You are correct on running a website being difficult and keeping up with, at last count, 27, it can be very difficult. In the defense of the 3 designers that we have, they have been working at Kellyco for at least 5 years each and actively metal detect from time to time... Some more than others but we are around detectors 365 days a year and have access to the best units whenever we want so most of us take advantage of this perk. I certainly do and actively detect every weekend unless the other half has issue with it... Haha.. I am sure we all can relate to that...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metdetdevl, I know how hard it is to run a business and a website. Employees taking time off work to go metal detecting and such, coming in without a doctor's excuse and expect you to believe their illness. If I lived in Florida I would work for you selling detectors for free.

BTW, my latest detector purchase came from you, an AT PRO. This time UPS delivered it to the right house.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Metdetdevl, I know how hard it is to run a business and a website. Employees taking time off work to go metal detecting and such, coming in without a doctor's excuse and expect you to believe their illness. If I lived in Florida I would work for you selling detectors for free.

BTW, my latest detector purchase came from you, an AT PRO. This time UPS delivered it to the right house.

Awesome!! I wish you lived in Florida!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sandman said:

You can come and work for me for free if you'd like. :laughing9: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread