Pro Pointer?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
m bryan said:
Mine arrived today. I tried the ole coin on the shaft trick and it works. gives a couple extra inches....my question is does it harm the unit in any way using this technique?

I really don't think so. All you're doing is detecting along the side of the barrell as it was designed to do. Frankly I have no problems with mine at default sensitivity - the best hint I found is that you can detune it (make it weaker) by turning the unit on in proximity of the target. Then it only sounds off when it's even closer!

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I dunno... I would assume that it's OK to do the coin thing for extra depth, but I've noticed that My Pro Pointer has FAR more depth than I thought it would have. I'm picking coins up quite easily at 2.5" and larger objects, FAR, FAR deeper than that (especially in air tests)... Are some of these things 'tuned differently'. Anyway, It's an amazing tool!

Cheers,

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't hurt anything. Placing the coin on the probe decreases the threshold so that it detects another coin at a greater distance. The downside is you have to remove the coin when you turn on the probe or it will detune and give you LESS sensitivity. IMHO, more trouble than it's worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread