My best coin find so far as a noob nothing to shout about but it made my day

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all had a couple of hours to spare so i went out while the weather wasnt to bad and got a couple of hours detecting an old field at the side of an old church built 1835 its in st helens merseyside united kingdom and its called Christchurch on church lane have a google and see it for yourself, any way after ten minutes i got a coin signal but wasnt expecting much as iv been getting coin signals but digging up trash even though the sensitivity was on 2 bars out of 4 however i invested in some rechargeable 2100 aa batteries and fully charged them and im not sure if this made the difference but my first coin signal today was a 2p coin not very old 1980 but a coin nevertheless then 5 minutes later another coin signal at 6" deep so i dug my plug and sure enough another coin and up to now my oldest coin find was only 1970 but when i looked at this coin it was a half penny dated 1938 so it really made my day, im really getting into MD ing now and im even taking great care to plug as small as possible and not to blow my own trumpet but you wouldnt have known there had been a hole dug and thats because of what iv seen from members posts on here cheers for all the advice MDers now iv got to beat my personal best now lol

Attachments

• IMG00129-20110620-2227.jpg
    IMG00129-20110620-2227.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG00130-20110620-2227.jpg
    IMG00130-20110620-2227.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats....that is a nice find!

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congradulations..That should get your confidence up..If you stay at it you will break many personal records..Also a big thumbs up for taking care of the ground your digging/recovering in..Never let it show that youve even been there..And last it's always a good idea to keep fresh batteries loaded up..
Good luck in your next good find..

OP
OP
O

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys i hope to get out tomorrow as the kids and the missus are going to the inlaws so iv got at least 4 hours of detecting to be had ;) hopefully the weather will be on my side.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Did'nt your momma ever tell you to stay away from things that will ADDICT you<no turnin back now son,your HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Awesome find! I'm new to detecting as well and you've got me beat for best find :) I just keep reminding myself that nobody is going to find gold and silver in every hole they dig, there's going to be a lot of clad and junk metal but if you just keep digging you're sure to find some treasures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread