Entertaining story

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
So over the past several years, I have mentioned to my wife several times how I would love to get a metal detector someday but never bought one for whatever reason. Last Christmas she must of gotten sick of hearing me whine so she decided to just buy me one. I live in Nebraska so I obviously couldn't use it a whole lot until now. My house was built in 1930 so I was hoping to find some old stuff buring in the yard. I take it out for the first time and the machine will just randomly beep. So I go inside and get the owner's manual and notice that it doesn't have a brand name. It just says ' Metal Detector', she told me she bought it at Menards for like $50. So I adjust the setting like the book instructs me to do and by dumb luck I find what looks to be the head of an old hammer. I set it off to the side and scan over it again, with all the settings exactly the same and it won't beep again! So I explain this to my wife and I decided to buy a Delta 4000 for Father's Day

Her grandparents live on an old farm that has been in their family for generations and we are going down there this Saturday, hopefully my new detector is here by then! Her grandma said that there used o be an old cabin that was built in the early 1800s and was later torn down and there's an old trail that is still visible. My sister-in-law's boyfriend wants to tag along so I told him he could use my old detector granted my new one arrives on time lol. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yeah, it sounds like that first detector you got was a child's toy. Although...... heck, even today's "toys" can still find stuff, assuming they're working right, and you have a site prolific with easy targets :)

Good luck on your incoming Teknetics Delta 4000. Try your own yard with that. There ought to be a 1930s merc or buffalo nickel out in your yard somewhere! :headbang:

OP
OP
brucebob

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Thanks! Went home for lunch break today and found my new metal detector waiting for me :) Only had about 20 minutes to play with it but ended up finding 2 pennies. I think I need to adjust the sensitivity a little bit. I seemed to be getting a lot of false tones.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said her grandparents LOVE on an old farm. :dontknow: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread