BH Lonestar- dug a signal 18in. down,unheard of ?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the wife a BH LONESTAR and of course I had to test it for myself.So i'm in the backyard today after work diggin around found 3 cents(clad),couple of old nails,2 Busch bavarian beer cans and then I got a signal on a square object reading at maximum depth.So,I started digging and digging,6in. nothing,12in. nothing,signal still strong. By now, I have a 2 foot in diam. hole going,i'm thinking"this must be water pipes or something".Right about then,I hit something,it sounds like metal.So i'm digging around feeling the "object".Long story short,it turned out to be a 2 foot by 2 foot piece of angle iron and it was,at its shallow point,18in. down.Isn't that a little deep for a BH LONESTAR?Or,is it because the object is so large and highly oxidized, that it was detected at that depth?I've only been using a metal detector for a couple of years,but i've never dug anything that deep before on land.Here's a picture.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Altho' I personally wouldn't have THUNK-IT with a BH Lone Star ( Nothing Personal BH :) ), I'v dug beer cans at? ALMOST Twice that depth with my Sovereign. But I guess you just proved it will. CONGRATS ; Jeff

walti72

Dec 1, 2004
Hi

I have found that my detector also picks up big items very deep. What I do is raise
the coil and if I still get a signal beyond the distance I know I can pick up
a coin it's something big. And I can make a dissision to dig or not.

Pinpoint can also give you an Idea of the size and shape of the object, before you dig.

Hope it helps
Dewald

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread