Anyone familiar with MDing regulations in Florida?

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again! I am in RI, but my Dad in Florida may have caught the MDing bug from me! Can anyone fill us in on rules and regulations for MDing in the state of Florida? I have heard that compared to RI, Florida is pretty strict about where you can or cannot search. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome treasurekidd,you can hunt the beaches up and down the state with no problems.State Parks are off limits except parks on the beach,which allow detecting from the toe of the dunes to the low tide line.The same applies on the treasure coast around the 1715 spanish armada wreck site.Do not detect in the water at this site.As far as local,county and city parks go,you need to check local laws concerning the uses of MD's.For example,here in Broward county,you can use a MD,but you can't dig in county parks.So the sandy areas such as volleyball courts,horeshoe pits etc. aren't a problem.Check with the local Chamber of Commerce for local laws in the county you will be in.Hope this helps a little.Good Luck and H.H.! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions