Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about getting a new water machine that can be submerged, but can also be used on land as a backup to my main land machine (White's Vision). I have looked at the AT Pro some, but was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on your budget. I like the CZ-20 or newer 21 as it is the water version of the Fisher CZ-6a. The CZ-21 is kind of pricey and the reason I picked this one was because you wanted it for land hunting too. For land you need pinpoint other wise I'd suggest a 1280 which is half the price.

Another good one for land and water is the Tesoro Tiger Shark. The AT Pro is still having problems with, well you name it. Don't get me wrong, I have one, but it is not my "Go to Detector."

Many water waders also use detector that have a long coil cable and carry the box from a strap around their neck. One of these is the CZ-6a and 1235. You can change coils on these which you can't do on dedicated water machine.

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Hi dose anyone have experience with the Stingray they would like to share. I'm thinking of getting one, only because it inexpensive and I would like a water machine.

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be wary of an "inexpensive water machine" as you will only get what you pay for and water tight seems to be a problem on some of the "inexpensive" water machines. A dive partner of mine purchased one of the u/w machines that have the controls inside of the head phones and it failed miserably on his first dive/outing. He never did recover from that failure and does not detect now because of it. However that was his choice, I am just passing on an opinion.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use a Tesoro Stingray and found it to be a great detector for freshwater lakes and land. I especially liked the non motion TR circuit and wish we could still get the Tiger Shark with it. Tesoro still repairs Stingrays.

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/tesoro-electronics-stingray :read2:

That detector with the controls in the earcup had a problem with leaking and I am glad I never owned one. But it was good for wading if you didn't fall down, which I always did. In fact I fall down more now. :laughing7:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go with a CZ-21. You will get the tones you need to hear and not worry about frying the unit in the rain. Only thing it does not have is the depth meter.
Maybe get a good pinpointer with it to stick in the hole.

CF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions