Is this a good place to find gold?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Aug 2011

Is this a good place to find gold?

I found this location in New Mexico and wanted to know if this is a good place to find gold before I claim this property that is currently for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold1.jpg 
Views:	1078 
Size:	429.8 KB 
ID:	564143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold2.jpg 
Views:	1423 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	564144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold3.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	564145  

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3971 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Is this a good place to find gold?

Many say gold is where you find it. As for if you are just thinking of buying this property just to look for gold because of the price right now, you have the wrong hobby.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Many say gold is where you find it. As for if you are just thinking of buying this property just to look for gold because of the price right now, you have the wrong hobby.
    Im not sure I understand what you're saying. I have several gold-mining claims and found gold nuggets in the rivers/streams in the Colorado/CA area for years (and its my hobby! :-)), and I decided to find something different in the desert like in New Mexico and Arizona. I have never been to NM before. I just want some opinions on this one. Thanks.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2664 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Quote Originally Posted by Magnix
    Im not sure I understand what you're saying. I have several gold-mining claims and found gold nuggets in the rivers/streams in the Colorado/CA area for years (and its my hobby! :-)), and I decided to find something different in the desert like in New Mexico and Arizona. I have never been to NM before. I just want some opinions on this one. Thanks.
    Well i guess if there is Gold ther it will be a good place................ If there is no gold there it will not be a good place............... Any place i hunt i have to check it out first then i still don't know if there is any thing there................ I can't tell by a picture......................
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3971 times

You would have to do testing to see how much gold or any is in what percent to see if it is worth your time. I assumed since you posted not in the prospecting forum section you were asking for help as a hobbist metal detectorist.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

You should pan first to see if any placer gold is in that creek. You'll need to get a license first, and always get your permission.

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    408 times
    Underground detection

Beautiful high desert country with water on it....... probably no surface appropriation rights unless the seller says so and can prove it, but you can probably drill a well. Is there a road to it with right of way?

If your question is about gold, and not real estate as such, the photo is just about irrelevant. You've gotta go there in person and do some intelligent geological investigation. And make sure that mineral rights go with the land.

--Dave J.

PS: the predominantly horizontal bedding of the rock ain't looking too promising. Doesn't make gold impossible, but makes it less likely a geological setting favorable to gold. I presume you know where the location is-- look it up on a geological map. What's the geology? Is it in a known mining district? Asking if it looks good in a photo is the wrong place to start unless you're actually the seller posing as a prospective buyer. That is some beautiful high desert!

us
    Aug 2011

Ok, I contacted the owner of this property and they said they found fine gold and lots of quartz gold rocks. So what does that mean to you? Thanks!

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4743 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

If this was a great gold property, why would they sell it? Are you just messing with us? I get the felling that you thought it looked like a great gold spot and thought everyone else would agree.

us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    3971 times

Ok, I contacted the owner of this property and they said they found fine gold and lots of quartz gold rocks. So what does that mean to you? Thanks!
    I would think the owners want to unload this property at as high a price they can get for a bunch of sand and rocks.

us
    Aug 2011

I would think the owners want to unload this property at as high a price they can get for a bunch of sand and rocks.
    Yep, thats possible, but claiming this 80 acres land with many active lode and placers wouldnt hurt for me financially. Wish me luck and I find something Ill post on T.N.

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    408 times
    Underground detection

Things keep not adding up. Owner hasn't claimed it? You're going to make money by buying it, then claiming it, i.e., not by hard work? You mention "active lodes" but the owner says nothing about mining history? You're familiar with gold in Colorado, yet a photo of a pretty desert canyon in NM has you completely hornswoggled?

Here's some questions you should be asking.

1. What is it that the owner actually says he owns, that he's trying to sell? What is it that the owner doesn't actually own, that you'd be screwed without?

2. What do geology maps show?

3. What is the mining history?

4. What do public records say about ownership of the plot in question?

5. If your Internet and publication research doesn't contradict what the seller is representing, what do you plan to do with the property once you buy it, and does that plan make any economic sense?

Until you've done that much, there's not even much point in visiting the site. If having done your homework you think it's worthwhile to visit the site, more questions.

1. How do you plan to assay samples and estimate the gold values on the property?

2. How do you protect yourself from the possibility of being a victim of "salting"?

3. Do the costs producing gold make the proposition economically worthwhile?

Magnix, if you'd have posted your question in the gold forum where it belongs, the folks who have experience with gold scams would be giving you a much harder time than what you're getting here. And maybe that's why the thread is here, not there? I'll get straight to the point: your posts don't sound like they're coming from a prospective buyer, they sound like seller's salespitch being misrepresented as coming from a prospective buyer. Either way, it's caveat emptor time.

--Dave J.

us
    Sep 2010
    18 times

I'd say do your research before you buy any land. There are archives on staked claims, usually kept by the same people that you go through to stake the claims. You might try the Forestry Service, and you might be able to get the total amounts of precious metals pulled as well as specific locations for claims. Local newspapers might give clues as to where ghost towns might be located in that area, and you can go from there to determine where those claims might have been. I wouldn't try to find "virgin" gold unless it is located near an older claim(within 100 meters or closer) just due to the fact that our forefathers walked over almost every foot of this great nation in search of gold and silver.

us
    Aug 2011

I decided not to buy it based on you guys' experience and good advices. Thanks! Im still looking around...maybe in CO, NV, and CA.

us
    Jul 2011
    Ramona, California
    DFX, GMT

I decided not to buy it based on you guys' experience and good advices. Thanks! Im still looking around...maybe in CO, NV, and CA.
    I saw this claim posted on eBay. I've been looking at claims as well. The other location I was looking at was the placer field in Nevada. There were 4 in the area that I was interested in. What it came down to is that I realized I would never make a trip that far, that many times, and finding gold is time consuming and usually does not pay.

I instead chose to join the GPAA and then I have access to 100s of claims. One right down from my home. This means I can go to any one of them and it cost ~$80/year. GPAA will also quit a claim if gold is no longer being found.

M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links