Do You dig everything?

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually feel too rushed to dig everything because I only am able to go detecting for an hour or two at a time after work. Unfortunately, I end up doing alot of "skimming".

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Cherry picker

Dig Mid Tones and disruptive signals only with the Minelabs Excalibur in PP mode with remote Discrimination button, long reach shaft on most beach's

Double discrimination..excal nulls on iron (Ferrous) when I push the button, and gives a tone on nonferrous targets..then I discriminate the tones by digging mids & disruptive only..missing most coins except nickles, and zinc's that are breaking down. I do miss silver coins, but do get several pieces of silver jewelery n do well on the gold..This gives me time to cover greater distance looking for the gold signals, plus with a reach of 9 feet radius and hunting in PP I can cover more ground of the treasure lane..........PP mode you can swing faster with the excal, and get better target separation. obn/joe

Think I missed anything.......

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I cherry pick but one day I decided to dig what appeared to be a foil signal, it turned out to be 14K white gold pendant with diamonds.

Not that I find a whole lot but that day I was video taping the hunt and got it on camera start to finish.

advance video to 4:50

cladHatter

Oct 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been digging everything nickel and above.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread