Clarification needed...

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like wwace, I too am getting mixed signals with my MXT. I know I'm a rookie and it will come to me. My question is....If I turn down my discrimination to a two or three, will that help me find the deeper targets? Right now I've been keeping my settings fairly high when searching parks. I'd like to figure this out soon.....I live in a VERY old area (George Wahington slept here) ;D !! Thanx for your help!

Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Goalrush. Looking forward to your future posts and finds. I am sorry I don't own your particular detector so will defer to those with your detector to answer that question.

Good luck I know you will get a feel for detector, most of all good luck on the finds upcoming for you,

Postalrevnant

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Goalrush, I can't see having the disc above the lower preset. What do you belive is the advantage? In trashy areas keep the disc at preset or 3 but use a smaller coil. In clear ground run lower than the preset. You didn't mention the gain. Deeper targets come with more gain. I don't know your soil but I've never run lower than the preset and am usually in the + range. I've got 10 silver (deep) coins out of some hard hunted school yards this year. I only turn the gain down if it won't ground balance, if I need to get close to playground equipment, or if it is so trashy I want to cut down on target masking.

You also didn't mention what mode you hunt in. Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread