Wish me luck!!!!!

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I'm really pumped for this weekend!! I'm going to set up camp @ the Cimmaron River, & not going to leave empty handed! Any advice is needed & most certainly welcomed! This will be my first dedicated hunt, & I can't wait! I am going by myself, & just a little nervous about that. What does one take for protection in case they run into something unexpected? There's always a chance of weirdo's & wild animals in this kind of area. But, that's the chance I'll take! So far, the only thing I've found has been a British half penny....but hoping to top that this weekend!! Can't wait!!!

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bring a handgun that you are comfortable with and understand the responsibility of using.

Parisdakarbmw

Sep 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep your eyes up while your panning. It's easy to forget the world while looking for little flakes, but keep your eyes peeled for animals, and crazy people.

You'll have fun! Come back with a fist full of gold!!!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a gun, but I don't. And this time, I won't be panning, this river actually has a rather large beach that people used to go 4 wheeling on, party, & drink alot of alcohol! We all know what happens when you combine the 3! I think you're right Paris....a fistfull of gold *jewelry* for me!!! I've been on the other end of this too...argh!! 

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the madness of TNet Candy. I'd suggest to bring a cell phone and some food and liquid.

You WILL get hungry/thirsty and you never know when you need to make a call.

Also bring a video camera and record your finds so you can share them with us!

Also, make sure you get a few with your adorable face in them too :wink:

Best of luck on your trip and happy hunting.

Sean

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty Sean! Watched you're video....awesome! And yes, I always have my phone with me, & most definelty plan on doing a little video of my premiere..lol. And yes, def, something to eat & drink....jerky & a six pack usually do the trick ; )

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:
Ty Sean! Watched you're video....awesome! And yes, I always have my phone with me, & most definelty plan on doing a little video of my premiere..lol. And yes, def, something to eat & drink....jerky & a six pack usually do the trick ; )
Six pack and jerky? What kind of meal is THAT? Leave the jerky at home and you got room for two more beers! Welcome aboard, icandy. Yes, beaches are GOOD places to find things.... don't forget the bushes AROUND the beach sand. That's where the pants.... well, never mind. Systematic search... pick up and carry out all trash. Less to move around if you come back. Look out to knee deep in the water too. Good luck! TTC

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest you bring a big a$$ dog or a big a$$ boyfreind or both.
Good luck on the hunt.
ZDD
oh yea, and what TTC said

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@TTC, good point! Screw the jerky...lol!! And I can't get in the water.....quick sand....& the bushes? Pants.....lmao....you're too funny....you sound like FUN! Wish you were closer....you could teach me the *tricks of the trade* & we'd have an absolute BLAST!!

And @Dave, I have neither, but what I do have is one bad temper & 2 brothers that taught me how to handle my own...kind of...taught myself mainly....&....anything more than 6 brews...I get feisty!! TTC had a good point about leaving the jerky behind...lol. Thank you guys...UGHHHH CANTT WAITTT!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:
@TTC, good point! Screw the jerky...lol!! And I can't get in the water.....quick sand....& the bushes? Pants.....lmao....you're too funny....you sound like FUN! Wish you were closer....you could teach me the *tricks of the trade* & we'd have an absolute BLAST!!

And @Dave, I have neither, but what I do have is one bad temper & 2 brothers that taught me how to handle my own...kind of...taught myself mainly....&....anything more than 6 brews...I get feisty!! TTC had a good point about leaving the jerky behind...lol. Thank you guys...UGHHHH CANTT WAITTT!!
Ha ha! Yea, right. I got hearing aids, false teeth... Ain't looking to add a pace-maker just yet. Ha ha. Sorry. Put a metal detector in my hands and I'm all business. I once found an earring about 12 feet from the water's edge. I found the other at the water. Looks like she struggled.... but got wet. Find where they made the fire ring. About 5 feet radius 'round is where the change will be found. Get one of those diggers that have all the holes. Dig EVERYTHING on a beach. Use your footprints to determine where to come back to cover the sand. I "waddle" like a penguin to make very distinctive tracks to "see" where I've been. Makes coming back to my tracks easy to spot. TTC

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ TTC, ROFLMWAO!! You're a mess! And I will bring my sand scoop! My dad made me one out of a ice scoop he bought @ some restaurant wholesale place...it's sharp!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking though Terry, because I was all excited to use my compadre.....& forgot that it has a really small coil....probably not for a beach type setting huh? Maybe I should ask my dad if I can use one of the many that he has?? What do you think....or maybe the compadre will do....I've just been dying to break it in 

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to work for the sheriff's dept and one of the things that I recommended a lot to women was a can of wasp spray. The kind that shoots 20' or so. It is much more effective than pepper spray and has many advantages. 1) you don't have to be so close to your attacker, 2) pepper spray can be washed out, 3) victim HAS to seek medical attention opposed to pepper spray. The really only disadvantage is that it can be bulky but it is extremely effective. I hope this helps and good luck on your hunt.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:
@ TTC, ROFLMWAO!! You're a mess! And I will bring my sand scoop! My dad made me one out of a ice scoop he bought @ some restaurant wholesale place...it's sharp!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking though Terry, because I was all excited to use my compadre.....& forgot that it has a really small coil....probably not for a beach type setting huh? Maybe I should ask my dad if I can use one of the many that he has?? What do you think....or maybe the compadre will do....I've just been dying to break it in 
Yea, I'm a mess! But I fully expect to die standing up.... then fall flat on my face.... probably still talking. I have an extra sandscoop. I can mail it. You want it? Free. Not even postage.... FREE. I see you've been to the profile page. Send your info to that e-mail. It's a MAGIC scoop! Cannot say I've been detecting in Okie. Send the e-mail. TTC

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would let you barrow my two big guns , but there connected to my shoulders

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@TTC, I'm confused Terri, I don't know how to completely navigate this site yet...argh!! Hell yeah, I'll take you're scoop, & OF COURSE...ILL pay the S&H! But k, how do I get to you? Email?? Thanks TTC...you're the best!!!

@pineb.....guns or stubs?? Lmao!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my e-mail.... [email protected] send an address to mail the scoop to. If you send your phone number (I'll send mine), I can be a motorola mentor! Your own detector service center. I'll be out and about... getting things done to the RV before moving it back to AZ. And then I go RVing for a few months. TTC

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@gl1....Thank you!!! Be sure to watch my video...wether I find something or not. It will show my techniques....& I'm no pro Terry's teaching me the tricks of the trade...wish it was tomorrow already...arghh

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
EyeCandy, are you trying to find stuff metal detecting? If so, why is it a dedicated hunt? And why do you have to set up camp to do it, in a place that sounds like it's in the wilderness somewhere, which should offer poor prospects for finds? You have expressed concern that you might need to protect yourself from weirdos and wild animals and such, maybe serial killers perhaps, or maybe dysentery or lightning or sasquatch. I wish you so much luck!!!! ¡Candy, I love you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread