mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done a little searching online, but have not found a satisfactory answer to my question: What coils can I use with my Whites Prizm 5G? I've heard that a Bigfoot Coil will work, but I'm not 100% sure that it will. I don't want to buy one, only to discover that it won't work. I'd also like to use a smaller 4" coil, and the question is the same there. Can anyone help me here? Are the Prizm coils solely Prizm coils, or will some of the other Whites coils work as well? Thanks in advance!

DeJa

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mydejavooo

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

DeJa

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You need to ask yourself a question ! What is wrong with the coil that came with it ?
If you want more dept, upgrade the detector, don't waste money changing coils. I still use the original 9.5" coil that came with my XLT 10 years ago, and it will still go 2' for a large object. If I am looking for something deeper like a cach, I use my 2 Box. Frank

OP
OP
mydejavooo

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I can find, I am really sort of limited on the coils. There is a smaller DD mini coil, and that will help with the trashier areas. But at $125, I think I will stick with the one I have for right now. I wasn't really looking for a coil that produces magic coins or anything, just wanting another coil to add to my arsenal of useful tools! I'm actually pretty happy with the coil that came with the Prizm, mainly because it's a spider-style of coil, and I can pinpoint down through the center of it. Just a personal preference mainly. And of course since this detector is a "middle of the road" detector, I have to resign myself that it has certain limitations that can not be overcome with a change in coils. So I will be saving my clad finds, and putting that towards a nicer detector. Still wish I had gone with the XLT, but you know what they say about hindsight! LOL! Thanks for the input.....as always it's greatly appreciated!!

DeJa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread