Its guys like this that cause detecting to get/stay banned...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's guys like this that cause detecting to get/stay banned...

At the beginning of this video, he shows what park he is detecting at. And he has other videos of him finding stuff at this park as well. But, if you actually go to the park, there is a big sign right at the entrance in TWO spots that clearly state no metal detectors. These signs can't be missed since it is a small parking lot and you have to park right in front of these signs and walk past them to get into the park. And his hunting partner has youtube videos of him getting kicked out of state parks while detecting (very clearly written rules on this around here).

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGrPtfpPiQ[/youtube]

I guess I don't understand why people can't respect and follow simple rules. This is the first year I've ever seen no detecting signs in my area, and they are showing up with alarming frequency. It seems like every time we go to a new town, there are now signs posted saying no metal detectors.

- Direct link just in case the youtube link above doesn't work.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: It's guys like this that cause detecting to get/stay banned...

Amazing, filming your trespasses for future reference...
And a "shout out" for salt. I've met some great folks from Indiana, state is full of great folks but this guy seems from straight out of space if he's hunting as you say after walking past a sign restricting or prohibiting MD'ing.

The only upside is he shows a lot of trash he's removed and for that he gets a bonus point. Bonus points are good for one "too bad" if/when he gets popped and loses his gear and has to pay a fine.

He could add in the video that he is related to the parks admin there or the local chief LEO, if that's the case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread