Lokking for a decent M.D

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
Well.... I have been reading the posts on this forum for a while now & always wanted to get a metal Detector. So I really need some help from the seasoned members of this board on which detector suits My needs.
I am willing to spend around $500.00 give or take. Really do not want a detector that uses 9 Volt batteries or remote battery packs.
I live here in COLD Buffalo,NY. & might as well buy now & be prepared for the next season. Plus...what are some of the best places to buy from (best prices & service).... thanks!!!!!

...Dan... :D

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up fellow NYer 8) You can get a used Minelab Soveriegn for that $ and maybe even a new one if you look around at the dealers and see if they have some on sale. Great detector that you wont regret choosing and goes deep.

OP
OP
F

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
True_Metal ..... Hello & thanks for the reply! The Minelab Soveriegn looks like a decent metal detector! I receive the KellyCO flyers & see that they carry them & looked around at prices & everyone seems to be in the same ballpark price range.
I build My own battery packs so the 8AA is a simple build.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No prob, Freeze 8)

http://www.upstatedetectors.com has the Sov Elite new for $595 with meter, coil cover, headphones, digger and free shipping.

The Sovs are tone machines with no software being used like the Explorers
but are time proven coin killers.

I use one and love the thing and have done well with it.

Good luck with whichever machine you go with and post pics of your finds as we like to see them 8)

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Freeze - we are a Tesoro Dealer at www.exploringhistorystreasures.com. We use the Tesoro detectors in our TV show. You don't need to spend that much money for your first detector. You don't even know if your gonna stick with the hobby. Spend less and try it out. Check out our Compadre metal detector. Good Luck!
Frank Pandozzi

OP
OP
F

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
Hi Frank...Thanks for the info. & link! My reason for getting a good detector the first time is that if I buy a cheaper (less features) detector & learn how to use it...then when I want to upgrade the $$$ is down the drain for the first detector as I have to now pay $$$$ for the second detector. Plus $500.00-$600.00 is not a lot of cash to Me to get a decent detector that I will use for a long time. I have been interested in detecting for a LOOOng time & have a lot of free time now & decided to take the plunge & find My million dollar cache (pun) :-)
Frank... i live in Buffalo,NY. & hope that Your series will be aired here!!!!! PS:sell some DVD's of the series (hint-hin

Thanks!!!! Dan

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Dan- Re: Lokking for a decent M.D

Dan, no problem. Good Luck and have fun. You can send me your email if you would like to be kept on our mailing list for the TV series. Take Care!
Frank

OP
OP
F

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
UPDATE: Well I looked at a lot of detectors and finally bought one? that I think (hope) will be a good one. I bought a :"Minelab Quattro" yes it is more than I wanted to spend but it seems like one heck of a machine for the money! Semms easy to use (I hope) and has a lot of features. Now to wait till the ground thaws!! Heck... I decided to buy Me a Chrismas gift!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread