Tell me what your detectors name is....

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me what your detector's name is....

Was wondering if anyone else has a name for their detector. Mines name is Pat....it's a he/she.....we are very bonded. Pat sometimes makes me mad though....especially when he/she is lazy! Pat gets chatty sometimes.....but tells fibs! That's when I gen angry with pat! Pat is notorious for playing the field....& only bring home pull tab losers....ugh! I told Pat to get it together & make me proud.....or I'm going to have to lock her in the closet. I just expect more out of shim....nothing wrong with that. Pat often attracts negative attention...& if I don't seeing some results from shim.....I'll be forced to end our relationship.

Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: Tell me what your detector's name is....

Ivan, all good points that I agree with ! However my XLT is different. I usually run in the coin and jewelry program. This only sounds those items, but the screen shows all items. It's like the best of both worlds. Frank

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

lots of folks got "lower end" less costly machines --my advice tends to be aimed towards them -- of course folks with higher end units like your xlt tend to have more "bells and whistle " programs to play with . nothing wrong with that . :wink: :icon_thumright:

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

iCandy said:
Frank.....so there's not one that doesn't not pick up pull tabs?

I don't have name for mine... its name speaks for it self... V3i and it find pull tabs as good as any detector out there... now I know they are pull tabs but I did them anyways because I've been told rings fall in them ranges too... so no matter what you got you'll have to dig pull tabs!

Here is my pull tabs for the year... I finally got me a ring... but the dang thing rang up as a nickel!

Attachments

• Pulltabs.JPG
    Pulltabs.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 758
  • Pulltabs.JPG
    Pulltabs.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 758

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I named mine "little bit" and the name fits her pretty well. She finds a little bit of this and a little bit of that. As long as she stays away from that old hunk named rusty iron we get along just fine. Sometimes she strays when we're hunting private property. That's when I pull out her little buddy vibraprobe to pinpoint her signals correctly and not stray myself. She's a good girl and we get along fine, digging is easy around here.
But alas, all good things must come to an end. I'm gonna replace her with a new swinging partner this christmas, one thats smarter and weighs a little less, a real pro at what she does- AT PRO to be exact. :laughing7: , I hope she doesn't get jealous if I pay too much attention to the new girl. ;D I'll still keep her around for old times sake.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@diggumup.....lol!!! Cute!! Tell me how that at pro is.....verrrry curious.....!!

& Chuck......NOoooo......I'll be having weird dreams about pull tabs now...oh gee!!

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI

RAY ...when im down on a sand pocket and these rays are looking at me like ,hey thats my area ,then i fan out a morsel for them.all is right !! RAY has been know to bump other rays,but all in all its a great time. HH

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

iCandy said:
@diggumup.....lol!!! Cute!! Tell me how that at pro is.....verrrry curious.....!!

& Chuck......NOoooo......I'll be having weird dreams about pull tabs now...oh gee!!

Weird dreams are a good thing!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Pookie poopsy. My trucks name is we winny winkle.

My cell phone is called honey buns.

I call my ex wife as little as possible.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Problem is that different gold jewelry is made with various other base metals and will ring up differently, just like not all pulltabs are created equal, old style tabs ring a little different than the newer ones....

If you descriminate out pulltabs your going to be descriminating some gold.....I would rather dig every single pull tab i detect, than walk past that one antique ring that just happens to have an old flawless 2 carot diamond in it.

My detectors are named.....Excal with WOT, Excal with SEF 12x15" Butterfly coil, Land Sovereign GT, Waterproofed Sovereign GT, Safari, Fisher 1235x and last but not least "my next detector"....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

"ITSA"
My detector, ITSA XLT. My Motorhome, ITSA xplorer. Catch my drift? Frank

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007

Hi Icandy, my wife calls it the other woman in my life and is jealous of it especially when I take it somewhere like the park. She says she wishes that I would listen to her as much as my (detector) and Im sorry to say that my "park "woman doesnt always reward me with another "Honey Do" list.
The Plumber.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

My bud's tector is Glistening Silver Hoard Finder. His wife's is Dirty 'lil Gold Digger. That's her tector's name. Sorry. :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Here's a thought we should persue.... Back in the '70s, I knew a local Milwaukee hospital that gave chemo therapy to kids... one minute for every tab collected. If that is still going on somewhere, anywhere, I will bust my ARSE to collect them. Any one heard of such offers lately? TTC

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TerryC said:
Here's a thought we should persue.... Back in the '70s, I knew a local Milwaukee hospital that gave chemo therapy to kids... one minute for every tab collected. If that is still going on somewhere, anywhere, I will bust my ARSE to collect them. Any one heard of such offers lately? TTC

if so I got a head start! I bet I got over 1500 in a bucket... don't know why I am saving them

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sniffer.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My AT pro is "Sugar"...My Pro Pointer is "Honey" My 8.5x11 DD coil is "Snoopy" (It sniffs out the good stuff from the trash) and my 6.5x9 concentric is "Lil Bit" (it is always giving a Lil Bit of a deep signal)

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread