DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I live in Tioga County NY. I've tried a few different ways to find places to detect in my area, but most are either owned by the historical society or have been built over. I know there are parks and old churches and things, but I was just wondering if anybody knows of any websites or resources I can look at to better help me find places?

Upvote 0

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bobby S said:
Hello, I live in Tioga County NY. I've tried a few different ways to find places to detect in my area, but most are either owned by the historical society or have been built over. I know there are parks and old churches and things, but I was just wondering if anybody knows of any websites or resources I can look at to better help me find places?

Hit the best public library you can find. The good ones have old maps, Sanborn maps and others. Your mind will explode with ideas. Talk to the old folks. Look for abandoned properties and find the owners. I am from Jefferson County. I know NY tectin. What I am trying to say is that all the obvious spots are hammered out, and so are the not-so-obvious spots.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Check in down at the States forum here on TNet and see if there's some locals who know the ground around you.

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
Find a md club in your area, visit or join, there'll be much information from the members there.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Check in down at the States forum here on TNet and see if there's some locals who know the ground around you.

Oh trust me, I've tried. I have one post right at the top with about 1300 views and barely any responses...idk why someone would look at it if they dont live in my area, but that part of the forum is pretty much useless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread