Why arent you a member

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why aren't you a member

Most detectorist want to keep the stuff they find. Sure we have the ones that will return a ring when the owner is known but detecting is a private thing done for fun and not profit. We have enough to worry about with states DNR's wanting us to return everything we find back to them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Sandman said:
Most detectorist want to keep the stuff they find. Sure we have the ones that will return a ring when the owner is known but detecting is a private thing done for fun and not profit. We have enough to worry about with states DNR's wanting us to return everything we find back to them.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I am like , doctors , lawers ,auto mechanics , ect, ect........ I don't work for nothing........... And treasure hunting to me means Finders Keepers......Losers Tough ................. I know i might hear from all the one's out there that think they are so wonderful and great with a halo around there head.............. You want to work for nothing go ahead........... I will not....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

I'm on classringfinder.com myself. But if I activate the messages on reported losses, they send me notices on rings from all over the state, without regard to where they were lost. So if someone from this state loses a ring in say, Alaska, I get a notice it seems.

So I just check in now and then and see if there are recent losses reported in this area. I see other more enterprising MD'ers have formed loose associations with web sites offering to have an associate look in your area for lost items, if there's a local member.

Nothing wrong with that either but I don't want anyone hanging a group or association "fee" over my head for anything I find.

And yeah, my usual fee is a hot lunch or a cold soda but I don't turn down money.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Helping people for free is not something a lot of people in the US seem to care about.
Some of us do though. :icon_thumleft:
To each their own. :hello:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

If I find some class ring and can identify the owner, most definitely, I will return it.

I cannot imagine how pathetic ones life must be that they would choose to NOT return something like that, in favor of the little bit of money they might get by scrapping it... but then I look around at the sorts of self-centered dirtbags that walk amongst us and I'm reminded why our world is in the state it's currently in.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft

Too Much going on at home.

When my Van is up and Running, OK!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am a member and would love to help someone out for the fun of making someone's day. I looked for one guy whose dog ate his wife's rings, but it wasn't "deposited" in his backyard. ::)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

LSMorgan said:
If I find some class ring and can identify the owner, most definitely, I will return it.

I cannot imagine how pathetic ones life must be that they would choose to NOT return something like that, in favor of the little bit of money they might get by scrapping it... but then I look around at the sorts of self-centered dirtbags that walk amongst us and I'm reminded why our world is in the state it's currently in.
I have to many things to do to look for something that some one lost............ Your pathetic and self centered how you look at others......... I don't look down on any one that has different ideas than mine.....................they have there ideas and i have mine........... Because some one don't think like me ..... i don't call names...... If we all thought the same there would only be one brand of detector & one model in the auto.................... And of course if we were all the same we would be COMMUNIST................OH LSmorgan here is your halo wear it in peace

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,123

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LMAO!!! Way ta tell him Keppy!! And I agree, As I've said before....takes ALL kinds to make the world go round!!!

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
LSMorgan said:

I have to many things to do to look for something that some one lost............ Your pathetic and self centered how you look at others......... I don't look down on any one that has different ideas than mine.....................they have there ideas and i have mine........... Because some one don't think like me ..... i don't call names...... If we all thought the same there would only be one brand of detector & one model in the auto.................... And of course if we were all the same we would be COMMUNIST................OH LSmorgan here is your halo wear it in peace

:merror:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@deathhare......he's only stating FACTS! Keppy doesn't beat around the bush, he's man enough to call it as he sees it!!! Much respect Keppy!!

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

iCandy said:
@deathhare......he's only stating FACTS! Keppy doesn't beat around the bush, he's man enough to call it as he sees it!!! Much respect Keppy!!

There were no facts. Just personal perspectives on the topic at hand. Nothing wrong with that but nothing that would be considered a fact by anyone except someone not paying attention.
Pay attention. :tongue3:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

iCandy said:
Adrian.... Thank you for knowing what i am saying .... I don't say things that i think others want to hear.... To make me look good in there eye's...............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

deathhare said:
iCandy said:

There were no facts. Just personal perspectives on the topic at hand. Nothing wrong with that but nothing that would be considered a fact by anyone except someone not paying attention.
Pay attention. :tongue3:
Darn , Adrian i did not know that you and i were not paying attention...... See that i learn something new every day............. :pain10: :angry4: :angry4:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kep, One day, do you think you could give these pre pubescent boys lessons on how to be a man? You would do a mighty fine job!! Now Keppy, if you told me to pay attention, I would, with life long knowledge comes wisdom, and experience. And I appreciate & respect that! Now for these boys who are suckers of their own embarrassing disrespectful attitudes......I just giggle & feel sorry for them. Poor things!

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Why can't some people just have morals and decency anymore? That is something you don't hear from the members with experience! Intelligence comes from knowing you can always learn more from others.

-Mod edit-

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@deathhair,

Creepy!! To make a comment like that makes me really wonder if I've seen you on an episode of 48 hrs!!! Sounds like you're a little too familiar with "computer" slang. OHH BOYY Keppy, we better quit, I think we've became some kind of very distorted kind of entertainment for deathhair. I'll pm ya!!!

-Mod edit-

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you have to call it Work, then you need a new "Hobby"...

HH,

Keppy said:
Sandman said:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I am like , doctors , lawers ,auto mechanics , ect, ect........ I don't work for nothing........... And treasure hunting to me means Finders Keepers......Losers Tough ................. I know i might hear from all the one's out there that think they are so wonderful and great with a halo around there head.............. You want to work for nothing go ahead........... I will not....

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@gogo......anything you put effort into is WORK!!!! Find a new "hobby"? And anyone with any kind of passion for something knows they have to "WORK" at it if they want it bad enough! Are you married? Do you expect things to be handed to you in life? No! You "WORK" for it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread