Wireless everything

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that be time proven brands like Fisher or Teknetics which are old names but new management and designers ? Or Cobra that's a shadow of what it once was ?

XP have been running for years and years. The fact that many in the U.S. have tunnel vision and don't look at whats going on in the rest of the world is not their fault. The policy of many forums is to not allow comparisons between detectors so as not to lose financial backing. This is not in the interest of consumers.

Its not a new thing. If we go right back to the days of the Whites flagship detector, the 6000, Europe had the Savo Whites 8000. More powerful and deeper. People in the U.S. moaned about the lack of double D coils for Whites machines. Europe had them. Some detectors were modified from the tame U.S. versions to "Turbo" models. Lots of modifications that really improved the performance of the basic U.S. offering due to Europe needing more depth and better iron rejection (thousands of years of iron use and loss, not a few hundred).
Its not in the interest of a dealer to say you can buy a better version of what I'm selling in another country so they don't. Only now as people travel more do they see what others are using. The downside is you have to pay the price because U.S. detectors are not only cheap but you get better warranties as well.

One big step forward is that Poland/Hungary/Bulgaria etc have improved both design and quality of their detectors and prices are very competitive. 60 odd detector manufacturers in the last twenty years but if someone on a forum says "I've tried them all" it means they have tried five or six brands.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrwilburino said:
I’ve had the Deus for about seven months. A lot of people have asked about its depth capabilities and I’ll try to answer that as best I can. After a lot of years away from detecting, I finally got back into it in the spring of 2010. The only modern machines I’ve used for any appreciable length of time besides the Deus are the Tesoro Cibola and the Fisher CZ-3D, so for comparison’s sake that’s what I have to go by. The Deus with 9” coil, and the CZ with stock 8” coil seem pretty even for “in ground depth.” If I had to bet on one, I might give the edge to the CZ. In air tests, the Deus gets an inch or more distance over the CZ. I suppose the discrepancy between air and ground depth is an indication that the dual frequency CZ handles my northern Ohio soil better than the Deus. It would be interesting to see how the Deus does in areas that are more (or less) mineralized. The audio response of the Deus does seem to be a bit more accurate at identifying targets “at depth” than the CZ, giving me a few more good finds in areas that I had hit hard with the Fisher. One of features of the Deus that I find most useful is the ability to set up programs using different configurations of sensitivity, frequency, target separation, etc., and then quickly switch between them with the press of a single button. This comes in handy for checking targets. The weight issue was the number one reason for my choosing the Deus. The machine is about the same weight as the Cibola, and while not quite as well balanced, still feels very light. I have heard people complain about the larger 11x13 coil making the detector feel “nose heavy” however. Overall, I’ve been very happy with the Deus. I just can’t see going back to a heavier machine. I did get mine straight from the factory at a pretty steep discount that is, unfortunately, no longer being offered. At the current price – it’s a tough sell.

Thank you mrwilburino for the update on your Deus and yes I tried getting one from the factory and as you said they have stopped selling them seeing that they have the US distributor but I'm still sitting on the fence waiting for more feedback and I truly appreciate yours, thanks, Charlie

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
fm transmitter and built in fm headset. I'm wireless!
The deus is just too expensive. I'm sure its great but for that kind of money… eh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread