OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What ! all those reads and no comments? Let's see some opinions pro and con. Frank

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay Frank, I can't resist. Wireless Shmireless. I am trying to think of the most appropriate smiley thing(s). I got it.... :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D :) :( Just kidding Frankn.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest if you mean over two years old and Richard Dodds (designer of the Sensor 7k in 1982 that had visual and pitch change target I.D., two "no swamp" memories and twin independent circuits in simultaneous operation etc etc) made wireless headphones and a wireless coil over twenty years back so he should get credit for the idea.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K Frank, my opinion...

Pro's 1. No cord to mess with

Con's 1. Interference in feedback
2. Too much adjusting
3. Have to tape the adapter to the detector
4. USB? SERIOUSLY??

It's clear here what my preference is!! Wireless = JOKE

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their site Looks like they are Trying
to be Confused with Minelab.

Strike 1 :(
=============

on the Wireless bit;

dosn't Impress me ::)

Strike 2 :(
============

I take it no after market coils will be Forthcoming, Since This unit is wireless.

so unless they want to send me a free sample
for Testing,

strike 3 They are out. :wink:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the same thing Jeff. And considering it's a knock off brand & not Tesoro, Garrett, Minelab or so on...isn't impressive either. Ntm....reviews are not good!

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
What ! all those reads and no comments? Let's see some opinions pro and con. Frank

I own the Xp Deus, so here goes pros and cons:

Pros:
- Very fast recovery speed and have very good detection depth for a 9" dd coil.
-No notable EMI problems, like some other sensitive detectors.
-Very light to swing and has good ergonomics with very good build quality.
-Folds up in a very small package, to put in a backback etc.
-light wireless headphones with great sound quality.
-The detector has many good preset factory programs to choose from and they are quite easy to customize if needed.
-No wires to break or get in your way.
-Good battery life on coil, headphones and remote control.
-Latest detector programming version can be updated via internet.

Cons:
-A bit expensive detector for most metal detectorist wallets.
-The coil is waterproof, but the remote or headphones cannot receive signal from the coil, if the coil is submersed in the water. However this problem can be fixed with the optional antenna for the coil.
-Expensive coils.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Looks like an actual user brought it into prospective. That is fantastic, but pricey.
By the way, how deep will it go for a cache about a loaf of bread size? Frank

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Looks like an actual user brought it into prospective. That is fantastic, but pricey.
By the way, how deep will it go for a cache about a loaf of bread size? Frank

Hard to say, i have not tried any cache hunting with the Deus. The non-motion mode can detect bigger coins and objects very deep.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger tell me more about this machine, how does it compare with the Trac if you have knowledge of that? I'm seriously looking at the Deus and your the first Stateside user I've encountered. More, More, More, or Feed Me, Feed Me, Feed Me. :laughing9: :laughing9:

OOP's your not Stateside. :laughing9: :laughing9:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since when did XP become a "knock off brand" ?

They have been making quality detectors for years and years and when there was a group test on a U.S. site after the Mk 1 Explorer came out three detectors came ahead of the rest and they were the Nautilus DMC, the Explorer and the XP Adventis.

The question for a U.S. user is does having various single frequencies that can't be run together, unlike the DFX, V3 and some Minelabs, outweigh having twin or multifrequencies. Will it cope with the mineralisation in your area which can be far more extreme than France. There's lots of light/well balanced detectors now, so the big plus is wireless (which is not the second-rate wireless people think of). Do you need it or not ? I don't but that's me.

Your not going to get the sort of warranty you are use to and your going to pay more.

Some are going to find it great because it will suit their ground, others, relic hunters/gold hunters may find its not the best for their needs. Those discounted XP's should have been providing answers by now....where did they go to ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
Since when did XP become a "knock off brand" ?

They have been making quality detectors for years and years and when there was a group test on a U.S. site after the Mk 1 Explorer came out three detectors came ahead of the rest and they were the Nautilus DMC, the Explorer and the XP Adventis.

The question for a U.S. user is does having various single frequencies that can't be run together, unlike the DFX, V3 and some Minelabs, outweigh having twin or multifrequencies. Will it cope with the mineralisation in your area which can be far more extreme than France. There's lots of light/well balanced detectors now, so the big plus is wireless (which is not the second-rate wireless people think of). Do you need it or not ? I don't but that's me.

Your not going to get the sort of warranty you are use to and your going to pay more.

Some are going to find it great because it will suit their ground, others, relic hunters/gold hunters may find its not the best for their needs. Those discounted XP's should have been providing answers by now....where did they go to ?

You pretty Much said it Here.

Thing is In Europe Detectors can be more Powerfull.
Here in the U.s. We are Controlled by our Government with FCC Regulations. So Power Must me
cut Back.

& of course You get to the Coal Country here in the Northeast
you also have alot of Iron.

in other words somone in Europe saying
9" depth , means Nothing
to me here in the Northeast US.
That probably translates to Half of
what I get with my Explorer Here.
or 5" once FCC tells me what I am allowed,
as an american.

If you know me, You
Know I don't Put down any Detector,
Especially ones I Never Tried, But my Ground here,
and government babysitting does :laughing9:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I would like to inject a couple of facts.
-I don't know where in PA Jeff lives, but I have looked in the Dents run area for those gold bars that never existed and I was pulling targets from 6"+ with my 10 year old XLT, I have to admit that they had been pulling logs not coal from this area in the past.
- There is no FCC certification requirement for metal detectors. All certified equipment must bear a label. I just checked my detectors and manuals and there is no notification. I think that is an old wives tale that will never die.
Frank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
I would like to inject a couple of facts.
-I don't know where in PA Jeff lives, but I have looked in the Dents run area for those gold bars that never existed and I was pulling targets from 6"+ with my 10 year old XLT, I have to admit that they had been pulling logs not coal from this area in the past.
- There is no FCC certification requirement for metal detectors. All certified equipment must bear a label. I just checked my detectors and manuals and there is no notification. I think that is an old wives tale that will never die.
Frank

My Immediate Area Is mostly Anthracite Coal Fields, &
Coal Towns. almost Everything is Black.
Even if you see Grass & dig in, you hit Black.

Some areas are Stone under sod.

There are some Farming areas,

But there are also Remains of Iron mines,
& Furnaces. and The rail roads that
spread the coal & Iron beyond the Mine areas.

Not so sure on it being an Old Wives tale Frankn
I Do know Minelab makes something Different for the European
Market. & I think I read it's the Power Output.

In the etrac manual

this device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules

Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

page 92

In other words you Must let the Feds Screw with your Detector
if they want to

http://www.americancoinshooter.com/downloads/ETRACMan.pdf

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
FCC part 15 deals with RF interference. If you turn on your detector a certain distance from a ,say, TV and it gets the wiggles, you have violate part 15. I don't remember the power level that is expedite. As I said my detectors are 10 years old maybe Minelab has past the exempted level and must meet a higher standard or maybe Big Brother has taken a few steps forward.
Frank
PS If you have a coal furnace, you got it made. lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
PS If you have a coal furnace, you got it made. lol

Used To.

all free Heat, But Very dirty.
Lots of dust.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what's putting me off right now is the Frequency issue and yes I read your other post Frank but until I hear from other US based users I'm staying on the fence. Charlie

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve had the Deus for about seven months. A lot of people have asked about its depth capabilities and I’ll try to answer that as best I can. After a lot of years away from detecting, I finally got back into it in the spring of 2010. The only modern machines I’ve used for any appreciable length of time besides the Deus are the Tesoro Cibola and the Fisher CZ-3D, so for comparison’s sake that’s what I have to go by. The Deus with 9” coil, and the CZ with stock 8” coil seem pretty even for “in ground depth.” If I had to bet on one, I might give the edge to the CZ. In air tests, the Deus gets an inch or more distance over the CZ. I suppose the discrepancy between air and ground depth is an indication that the dual frequency CZ handles my northern Ohio soil better than the Deus. It would be interesting to see how the Deus does in areas that are more (or less) mineralized. The audio response of the Deus does seem to be a bit more accurate at identifying targets “at depth” than the CZ, giving me a few more good finds in areas that I had hit hard with the Fisher. One of features of the Deus that I find most useful is the ability to set up programs using different configurations of sensitivity, frequency, target separation, etc., and then quickly switch between them with the press of a single button. This comes in handy for checking targets. The weight issue was the number one reason for my choosing the Deus. The machine is about the same weight as the Cibola, and while not quite as well balanced, still feels very light. I have heard people complain about the larger 11x13 coil making the detector feel “nose heavy” however. Overall, I’ve been very happy with the Deus. I just can’t see going back to a heavier machine. I did get mine straight from the factory at a pretty steep discount that is, unfortunately, no longer being offered. At the current price – it’s a tough sell.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will stick with the time proven brands --Thx anyway Frankn! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread