Question about an inline pointer for my etrac...

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hey everyone, I hope all is well. I have a question that might be a silly one, Im not sure. I got the etrac in september, and bought a garrett pro pointer the next day. Well, since then I have learned about what an inline pointer is and I have decided to get one of those for my etrac and try to sell my pro pointer. My question is this; When you get an inline pointer for the etrac, is it like all other handheld pointers? Are there a bunch of different brands? Or is it like a minelab brand pointer that works with the etrac? If it is just one option, than my decision just got easy. I have a feeling though, that there are probably different options for an inline probe-which could be bad for me since I could turn that into very long drug out decision. So, if there are different brands and options, could anyone with expirience with the etrac and inline probes please tell me your thoughts on specific ones for my etrac?

Thanks everyone

Chris.

Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know there is just sunray. I know there a Kind called uniprobe? But I beleive thats different all together. You wont be disappointed with the sunray probe. :icon_thumleft:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want the Sun Ray X-1 Probe. Nothing better for a E-Trac. Let me know if you have questions. I have one on my person E-Trac.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunray inline probes are tuned to each detector, inline probe for Minelab ETrac will not work on a different manufactor or model detector so if you have more than one detector you have to buy a Sunray for each. I have the DetectorPro uniprobe, headphone comes with the Uniprobe, the detector tones are fed through the same headphones as the probe and has a switch to select detector or probe tones..... Uniprobe uses a wand probe, depth is adjustible from 1/2 inch to 6 inches in depth. I have never used the Sunray inline probe, but I have nothing but high praise for Uniprobe........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread