Rules for hunting Las Vegas Nevada city parks

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
I went to the Las Vegas City gov cite and found the rules for parks there. You can hunt in the parks but surface finds only. The Clark county site said nothing about metal detecting in the county parks. If I find they don't allow it either I will post it. I guess if I move there I will have to save metal detecting for when I visit the family in Los Angeles. California's high cost of living, liberal politics and their belief they can spend my money better than I can is driving me out of the state. Too bad California is actually one of the better states for metal detecting.

Upvote 0

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of some great potential sites around a 100 miles from LV. I was stationed at Nellis in the late 90's.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"Too bad California is actually one of the better states for metal detecting ....."

Actually, the reason for this, is probably only because not as many hunters here have historically asked questions here. And your Las Vegas example is merely because persons probably went asking in the past.

For example: I bet the reason for the answer you sleuthed out from the city of Las Vegas, has nothing at all to do with them being more stingy or something. It probably has ONLY to do with that someone(s) ....... years ago .... upon getting ready to travel to Las Vegas (afterall, tons of people travel to there) called ahead to inquire "can I metal detect??" Then in the absence of any rule on the subject, presto, a rule written to "address this pressing issue". :tongue3:

I bet the same type rules would easily be written for a whole host of CA cities too, if we all here spent enough time going into city halls asking "can I metal detect?".

Thus it's the old "sometimes no one cares till you ask" routine ::)

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This and all the bodies you may find lol. I remember every time they broke ground a missing person was found!
\

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend, if you get a chance try our California North State.
By Sacramento area heading toward Taho, feather river has been good for placer gold, Panning & detecting.
I live in Shasta County and I try to detect every other day the Hydrolic tailing areas close to our town.
In French Gulch we have the Washington Mine owned by a Nevada Corp. and is the 3rd biggest/Active Mine in USA. We also have "Clear Creek" a good spot. I was at the City of Redding "Wildwest Gun & Loan", I overheard a lady say in 1999 a guy came in with a rock as big as your fist, it had gold with quartz running thru it!
He said it was on the top of the creek with rocks around it and it was polished smooth & shinny! The store bought it off the guy for 10,000 That was back in 1999! Just think what it would bring today!
I've been in French Gulch for almost 5 years and for the last 5 months I got a good metal detector.
My rental, a 150+ year old house, I have been checking the property for silver dollars, I have found lots of coins over 40 years old the 5 times I checked, and a lot of 1800 year old square nails and one brass "solder type" mini-sabre. If ya get a chance on vacation check our area out. Good luck hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread