What are your detecting goals for 2012?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 25 years (on and off) since I started metal detecting I have never actually set a goal for the year and then actively pursued that goal. Well, this year I have decided that I want to find as many Seated Liberty coins as I can. Dime, quarter, half or dollar. I have only found 2 Seated dimes in 25 years, so you might say I will be desperately seeking Seated. :D

Let's hear what your new years detecting goals are. :hello:

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: To get my own machine and pro pointer so that I can play too, then I plan on having as much fun as I can, and live each day detecting as if it's my last. There is no better feeling then to spend the day with your loved one, and to have fun having hobbies together, life is too short, so we do what we can! Oh, and my other goal is to find my first platinum!!! :headbang: :icon_thumright: Red :hello:

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I got my detector in september, before that i had never even held a metal detector in my hand at all.... I figured I would start it off with a bang, and just go with an etrac... Im already glad I did.... I had dug 2 silvers(a 1964 quarter, and a 1952 dime) in the few trips I was able to detect in 2011. So far for 2012 I am 3 for 3. I have found a silver everyday of this new year.... (a 1962 quarter, a 1918 merc dime, and a 1963 rosie). So as Im tryint to think of my 2012 resolutions, and goals... I added a Metal Detecting goal in there... My 2012 MD'ing goal is to find 250 silvers... I figured I would go for quantity this year, and maybe next year work on specific types, dates, mint marks etc... 250 silvers in my first year detecting may sound a bit extreme coming from a newbie and all, but I have always been that type... I know it is a little aggressive but I have no doubt I will be able to get it done. Im excited to give it a good go.....

Happy hunting everyone, and good luck with all your goals in 2012

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cibola/aa battery- I think I've created a monster. I've been reading post from Tnet to my son and everyday he asks me,"Dad have you gotten my detector for my birthday yet?" Can't wait till the spring. Oh who am I kidding 20 degrees or not we'll be out in the back yard turning the soil. Yesterday I found a 150 year old park that is off the beaten path. I don't dare show my son that until we actually go hunt it. Can't wait. As soon as we get out together I'll start posting some of our finds.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayter said:
Cibola/aa battery- I think I've created a monster. I've been reading post from Tnet to my son and everyday he asks me,"Dad have you gotten my detector for my birthday yet?" Can't wait till the spring. Oh who am I kidding 20 degrees or not we'll be out in the back yard turning the soil. Yesterday I found a 150 year old park that is off the beaten path. I don't dare show my son that until we actually go hunt it. Can't wait. As soon as we get out together I'll start posting some of our finds.
the wait is drivin me crazy :laughing7:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayter said:

WOW! How exicting is that! That's awesome.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug And Red said:
:icon_thumleft: To get my own machine and pro pointer so that I can play too, then I plan on having as much fun as I can, and live each day detecting as if it's my last. There is no better feeling then to spend the day with your loved one, and to have fun having hobbies together, life is too short, so we do what we can! Oh, and my other goal is to find my first platinum!!! :headbang: :icon_thumright: Red :hello:

I fully agree!!!!

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goal (MD Goal that is) is to own an Etrac.

My MAIN goal is to get closer to the woman that I'm deeply in love with and means more to me than ANYTHING & make her the happiest girl in the world.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find as much loot as possible before the Mayan calendar runs out.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
bearbqd said:

Well I have good news for you then my friend... The calendar does not run out, it simply starts a new cycle... Kind of like our calendar starts a new cycle each and every 60 seconds, each hour, each day, each week, each month, and each year etc.... There calendar just has a cycle that is much much bigger than our biggest cycle of a year, it is over 5K years.

-that was how I interpreted it when I read between all the hype, and fear-driven propaganda. I am pretty sure you will be ok to plan on finding more loot after the current cycle ends, we will see.....

Happy hunting.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bearbqd said:

;D

Attachments

• bz_MAYAN12-21-09.jpg
    bz_MAYAN12-21-09.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 492

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are! :sign10:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gt :hello:

Is French Gulch near Jamestown? I did some panning in Jamestown years ago, and even got about quarter vial full.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much, I have the permission to hunt property at an old city stagecoach/horse stable/church/blacksmith shop site. I found several large pits filled with metal and I plan to dig them out and sift the dirt. I dug a small test area already and recovered 5 or 6 very old figurines in near mint shape and one old solid silver spoon.

Other than this I plan to spend most of next spring/summer/fall doing my art paintings for MoMA, etc., and a certain line of promotional videos.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Not much, I have the permission to hunt property at an old city stagecoach/horse stable/church/blacksmith shop site. I found several large pits filled with metal and I plan to dig them out and sift the dirt. I dug a small test area already and recovered 5 or 6 very old figurines in near mint shape and one old solid silver spoon.

Other than this I plan to spend most of next spring/summer/fall doing my art paintings for MoMA, etc., and a certain line of promotional videos.

Wow, I envy you. I love diggin and siftin!

HH 2012

tigershark11

Dec 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to fire my White's IDX Pro back up after two years of doing nothing and just get back at it.I sort of put her on a shelf cause life got a little complcated. I now see that metal detecting is exactly what I should have been doing instead to relax and get away from the daily grind. I don't care if all I find are the rusty toy cars I've found in the past. It was just fun swinging..... I would like to find more just so I can brag a little here... ;D :icon_thumleft:

BrianLV

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Previous goals have been
-Metal detect a gold nugget, done it 3 times
-find authentic Indian Arrowheads, found approx 20 in one location
-bottles, found about five 1800's bottles.

My 2012 goal, to make some Spanish Trail discoveries.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my goals are to find some more locals to detect with, it's like biking or jogging, it's always more fun with a friend. My other goal is that I find anything worth posting!

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BrianLV said:
Previous goals have been
-Metal detect a gold nugget, done it 3 times
-find authentic Indian Arrowheads, found approx 20 in one location
-bottles, found about five 1800's bottles.

My 2012 goal, to make some Spanish Trail discoveries.

First of all Brian, welcome to T-Net, as well as the addiction as everyone calls it (it's true).

Secondly, in regards to your post, I'd say you'll have the chance to retrieve about dang near ANYTHING in Vegas. My gosh, from American $, to Chinese, to Rupies LOL! Happy hunting pard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread