What are your detecting goals for 2012?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 25 years (on and off) since I started metal detecting I have never actually set a goal for the year and then actively pursued that goal. Well, this year I have decided that I want to find as many Seated Liberty coins as I can. Dime, quarter, half or dollar. I have only found 2 Seated dimes in 25 years, so you might say I will be desperately seeking Seated. :D

Let's hear what your new years detecting goals are. :hello:

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to make the banner even if i got to fake it :-X

Cranman

Dec 1, 2011
Central NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My goal for next year is to find my first silver. I just started MD in the last week or so, have been to a few spots and have found coins each time, but all modern coins. I have learned a few things, people seem to drop coins alot :) the metal detector does actually work well :) and I guess I have to be somewhere with some "history" if I want to find old coins!

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goal is to get onto several ranches and old homestead in the mountains of Northern New Mexico once the snows melt, Im guessing not a lot of coins, but maybe some neat artifacts :dontknow:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals........ 20 silver next year & 1 of them has got to be a seated coin!(Before I go nuts)

DoomDrag

Dec 16, 2011
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:evil5:
To buy a MD, to start small business, have local PD call on me, find at least 40$ in coins, find a relic older then 100years old, find a ring and return it to the rightful owner, collect at lest 200$ in rewards or return 4 items, not to get arrested by any means, to find an engagement ring worth giving to the gf, and last but not least prove to co-workers that MD is fun and beneficial.
;D

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goals? How about goal... to be able to detect until 2013. TTC

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goals are rather modest. 1,000 coins, a ring, and to earn enough from that clad to add to my Franklin Half collection.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To obtain permission for more private spots and to go hunting (detecting, sluicing, dredging, etc) as often as possible, even if it's just for an hour at a time.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up on the banner so I just want to pull some Spanish silver close to home and would also like a CW plate. :coffee2:

Any gold coin would do also.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to complete a set of dug coins with every date and mint mark within a set. I only need 5 more Roosevelt silver dimes to complete a dug up set. All 5 of the missing dug rosies are 1950, 53, 55, 62, and 63. All are of the Philly mint.

Still need 17 more mercury dimes of various dates and mint marks to complete a dug set. This goal may never be reached, but it's fun trying.

Need one more silver war nickel to complete a dug set. That 1943-D is the only one I need. If I dig another 1943-S I'll think I'll scream! :BangHead: I've dug 45 with the 1943-S mint mark. That 43-D is really elusive.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck I aint done with my 2011 tectin goals (which was 200 silvers). :laughing9: Got about eight this year (silver coins). Shootin for 9. Gonna hit the forties here this weekend (the temps, not the silver count). I hope I get another silver. Now tectin goals for 2012?......Big early gold coin, or even a seated dime.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Hand Fluke said:
I would like to complete a set of dug coins with every date and mint mark within a set. I only need 5 more Roosevelt silver dimes to complete a dug up set. All 5 of the missing dug rosies are 1950, 53, 55, 62, and 63. All are of the Philly mint.

Still need 17 more mercury dimes of various dates and mint marks to complete a dug set. This goal may never be reached, but it's fun trying.

Need one more silver war nickel to complete a dug set. That 1943-D is the only one I need. If I dig another 1943-S I'll think I'll scream! :BangHead: I've dug 45 with the 1943-S mint mark. That 43-D is really elusive.

That's funny, the last two war nickels I dug were 43-D :hello:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that 's an easy question. I WANT A SILVER QUARTER! I have been detecting for five years, started out digging two diamond rings within a week of each other, and have found small silver coins and lots more rings since then. But not a darn quarter and it's really annoying me. A silver half would make my summer too.

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sons birthday is next month. He is getting a metal detector. My goal for 2012 is to become closer to my son and have lots of fun doing it..... okay now that that's over with. I'm brand new to this so I will be happy with whatever I find...... with my son of course.

Bayter

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trip while wading in shallow water would be a plus.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan....something tells me you will find that silver quarter this year. :thumbsup:

Bayter....I wish you many good times hunting with your son! My son still likes going with me.

Sandman....take care out there my friend. :icon_sunny:

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Goals for 2012 are to find my first large cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread