DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear a lot about how people dont waste a lot of money buying expensive lesche diggers and instead make their own. Has anybody been willing to make more of their own modifications for people to buy? I do not have the room or skill to make one myself and I definitely need a new one to help get through roots and such. Im mostly a coin/jewelry person, but will occasionally be doing relic hunting. If anyone can put me into the right direction i would appreciate it

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Mighty AP would ever return, he's your go to man. AP made diggers or several people and just gave them away too. One heck of a great, funny guy and I miss him.

By the way, his digger's were top notch too and even had a screw off cap on the handle to hold rings :thumbsup:

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, a Lesche digger (the small trowel-type variety, not the shovel, with which I have no experience) was definitely not a waste of money. For me only, it is an absolutely essential and foolproof tool. Like other top-of-the-line tools, it was a "buy once, cry once" purchase instead of buying a series of lesser diggers, one of which came with my first detector and I still loan out with my back-up detector. I would never go detecting without it. I don't doubt that there are other adequate ones but I'll stick with what I've got. I've never regretted the purchase and I sure don't miss the money after all these years. YMMV.

All the usual disclaimers, of course.

Chuck

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BUNK on this forum makes a good digger for sale. I also had one made by buying a garden hoe and a rock hammer. I cut the business end of the hoe off and had a welder weld it to the "hammer side" of the rock hammer. Good, lifetime tool, for about $25 total. If you get the hammer with the wooden handle, makes for a very light weight tool. Here's a pic of the one I had welded. I painted it blaze orange to make it harder to lose! TTC

Attachments

• DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 775

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a long handled (18 Inch) garden spade off Amazon for $10. Heavy steel, solid handle and has held up for 2 summers of heavy digging without bending or breaking. The length allows you to dig without kneeling down so much and to be able to use your foot on it like a shovel to get a nice deep plug if you need to. I'd never go back to a knife type digger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread