Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hendu

Thread: Hunting in SW Virginia

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    New Castle, Virginia
    Garrett Ace 250
    2 times
    Metal Detecting

Hunting in SW Virginia

Since the Virginia board seems kinda dead, I decided to post this here. Does anyone on here live in this area of the state? I would like to find some buddies to go hunting with. If they don't mind having a "newbie" tagging along. Send me a message if your interested.

us
    Mar 2011
    12 times

Re: Hunting in SW Virginia

Howdy... I'm no pro either and am in Roanoke. Looking for spots all the time. Have some leads in your area!

us
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonfan View Post
    Since the Virginia board seems kinda dead, I decided to post this here. Does anyone on here live in this area of the state? I would like to find some buddies to go hunting with. If they don't mind having a "newbie" tagging along. Send me a message if your interested.
    I live in buchanan county va, If your ever in this area give me a holler, would be happy to show you around to a few places here, always got a place or two ready to go hunting.

us
    BC

Jun 2012
    WNC/ETN/SW VA
    XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonfan
    Hey Clemsonfan,
    We have property in Bristol Va, and am somewhat a newbie myself. I don't live there, but am 1-5 hours away in NC.
    I do come up about once a week, occasional weekends, and will be up there a lot come deer season. Send me a PM, and we can possibly discuss some places to MD.

us
    Jul 2012
    SW Va.
    brand new AT Pro and loving it
    7 times
    Relic Hunting
    Southwest Va here also. New to the site I also live in Bristol Va and have been trying to research somewhere to MD. Not much luck though.
    eyeguy likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    here is a site with some parks there in bristol, check em out , most community parks have no problems with md ing , hope this will give you somewhere to occupy a little time for you and give you a chance to swing your coil over.. Dept of Parks & Recreation - Bristol, VA

us
    Sep 2011

us
    BC

Jun 2012
    WNC/ETN/SW VA
    XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by looneyone
    here is a site with some parks there in bristol, check em out , most community parks have no problems with md ing , hope this will give you somewhere to occupy a little time for you and give you a chance to swing your coil over.. Dept of Parks & Recreation - Bristol, VA
    Great info! Many Thanks!!!

Aug 2012
    I am in Abingdon, Va. I have been hunting on and off for a couple of years but still consider myself a rookie. I am a retired mining engineer. Would like to hunt with some one in the area. ctb7

us
    Jul 2012
    SW Va.
    brand new AT Pro and loving it
    7 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ctb7
    I am in Abingdon, Va. I have been hunting on and off for a couple of years but still consider myself a rookie. I am a retired mining engineer. Would like to hunt with some one in the area. ctb7
    Ctb I am just returning to the the hobby after some 20 odd years. I grew up in Saltville and did some relic hunting there with a few finds. Im now in Bristol and have been trying to research places to MD here and surrounding areas. Not much luck yet but would enjoy MDing with others in our area.

us
    I would like my dirt with a touch of silver and gold please!

Dec 2012
    Upper East Tn
    BH VLF Treasure Detector, Minelab X-Terra 70
    2 times
    Also from upper East Tn. / SW Va.

Jan 2014
    I'm 18 and I'm from Haysi Va. But live in Bristol Va. And I also want to know of some places to Metal Detect and find old relics. Maybe also find some people to go with.

us
    Jan 2014
    Eastern Kentucky
    Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
    Floyd Co. In eastern ky. I bike ride on the creeper trail some. Is there any hunting around there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Jan 2014
    1 times
    I am in Kingsport, TN (Sullivan County), but work in Lebanon, VA and Richlands, VA. Would like to hunt some places here. I am always spotting promising sites but do not know the property owners. Would love to get together with anyone in Upper East TN or SW VA to hunt. I'm a newbie. -james

Jan 2014
    Big Stone Gap, VA
    Garrett Ace 350
    21 times
    I live in Big Stone Gap. I'm brand new to this hobby too, and being in school full time commuting to Milligan College every day doesn't leave me much time but I'd like to hear of any good places as well.

Sponsors