minelab?

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been thinking about doing a little upgrading. a machine that has caught my eye is the minelab safari, i know its no e trac but it looks like a pretty solid machine, i see they go for retail at about 1000 but i was wondering if anyone knew where there may be a slightly used one or maybe one for a good price, willing to sell mine and some silver to get one, thanks. advice is also appreciated lol

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari. Garrett 350
It is a very solid machine. I have one for sale with the original coil and also a coiltek joey coil. I bought it last spring and Im selling it because I bought a XP Deus. I cant put it in the classifieds because Im not a paid member and trying to avoid Ebay fees. Im not sure how much to ask for it. Feels free to send me a message.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ive been thinking about doing a little upgrading. a machine that has caught my eye is the minelab safari, i know its no e trac but it looks like a pretty solid machine, i see they go for retail at about 1000 but i was wondering if anyone knew where there may be a slightly used one or maybe one for a good price, willing to sell mine and some silver to get one, thanks. advice is also appreciated lol

Dmali1988, If your wanting a good deal on a new one, holler at me. Love to help you. Georges has a nice used one for sale as well!

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Quattro,I wonder if the recovery speed is better on the Safari.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They upped the processor speed in the new model but it still lags behind the Explorers. Funny thing if you check out some internet posts is that some who have both the Explorer and a Safari in the family say they prefer the Safari on the beach. Others say its not a patch on the Explorers.

OP
OP
D

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idk i have a fisher f 70 with a double D coil on it, in the area i live in, most of the parks have been hunted out or the silver and the good coins are at a pretty deep level in the ground, the machine i have has pretty good depth and a really nice recovery speed, just 99 out of a hunderd times that nice silver coin in the ground is usally a bottle cap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread