Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Apr 2012
    Tesoro Bandito II, Garrett Ace 250, BH LandStar, Time Rander, Discovery 3000, Tracker IV, Discovery 1000, QuickDrawII, Fisher F2.
    67 times
    Metal Detecting

Pin-pointer recommendation?

I am looking at new pin-pointers and it seems that all of them have their "issues", for lack of a better term. What do you recommend? Why?
    If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill

us
    Jan 2012
    1 times
    Prospecting
    dont even bother with anything other than the garrett pro pointer it is in a league of its own.PERIOD.

us
    Apr 2012
    Tesoro Bandito II, Garrett Ace 250, BH LandStar, Time Rander, Discovery 3000, Tracker IV, Discovery 1000, QuickDrawII, Fisher F2.
    67 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by flatsix View Post
    dont even bother with anything other than the garrett pro pointer it is in a league of its own.PERIOD.
    Thanks for the recommendation, FlatSix.

us
    Dec 2011
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    AND DONE!!
    The Only Consistency Is The Inconsistency

us
    Nov 2007
    Staunton IL 62088
    White MXT.
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I do like the Sun ray

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    Marrero LA
    M6, golden sabre II (modded) F2
    12 times
    Thats why I kinda combined the two Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newholder2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	620.8 KB 
ID:	632751

us
    Apr 2012
    67 times
    Metal Detecting
    I went ahead and ordered the Garrett via Amazon (Kellyco was the seller). So, I look forward to receiving it. I have lots of fresh-water beaches in this area and plenty of relic sites, too.

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Got my pro pointer today. In an area of deep coins I would have given up not wanting to spend so much time and attracting unwanted attention. But. It is awesome. The V 4 broke when I put my knee on it. That turned out to be my lucky day. You will love it MM!
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Apr 2012
    67 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot zone View Post
    Got my pro pointer today. In an area of deep coins I would have given up not wanting to spend so much time and attracting unwanted attention. But. It is awesome. The V 4 broke when I put my knee on it. That turned out to be my lucky day. You will love it MM!
    Yep, I think I will love it... hoping it arrives today.

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    368 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaguire View Post
    Yep, I think I will love it... hoping it arrives today.
    I forgot mine yesterday had to use the spare fisher ended up with 3 holes that took way too long and i drove home...next time ill make sure the garrett is with

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    2 nd day with Garrett pro pointer. Wow. I am finding a lot of detachable pulltabs that Id nickle gold but I can easily tell it is longer than it is wide so not a nickel or a ring and no reason to dig. It will even find those tiny pieces of metal here to for known as phantoms.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Apr 2012
    67 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have not received my pin-pointer yet, maybe today.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5958 times
    if you can afford the Sunray I would say 1st choice . If not go with Garrett

us
    Apr 2012
    67 times
    Metal Detecting
    The Garrett arrived today and I took it to a trash-filled site to see how easy it can help me pick out the clay-covered pulltabs that are hard to spot. I did that in seconds so that I could go on to find good stuff.

Mar 2012
    15 times
    Garrett is awesome! You'll find every metal object in the hole fast. You'll also know how close you are to the object. It gives a more solid tone the closer you are to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors