flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after so about 20hrs on the AT Pro....And some ground Depth testing.....This machine has less depth than my Ace 250 with the same size 8.5x11 DD Coil......The 250 picks up a silver quarter at 8" (Very intermittent but detectable) the AT Pro in Pro mode zero gets nothing????? Go figure. Contact Garrett?? VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Does it pick it up in standard mode? Did you ground balance correctly?

DiggerKeith

Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pro mode sen max 7 inches on a dime max choppy right past 7 inches,, 7 inches on a silver quarter choppy at 8 inches. Coil issue or machine issue?

DiggerKeith

Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a factory hard reset pro mode zero full sensitivity got a dime to read 7inches and a quarter about 9 inches. That is still a bit dis appointing to me but it is better the machine does have a two year warranty so before I go calling them I am going to
give myself some more time with the machine. I am use to another machine i used for a long time and re learning takes patience and understanding and time. I will keep you udpated.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok you need 100 -200 hours on your ATP to actually learn it. Read everything you can online and believe me there are 100's of u-tube videos out there. After 25 -35 hours on my ATP I wanted to trash it but kept going. Right now I would put myself up against anyone with an ATP. I have found in excess of 2k with it

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inside the house you are going to get some interference. It takes practice just to be able to air test a target. Move smoothly and same level from left to right or right to left so target passes near the coil center. Coin facing the coil. Not too slowly--manual says three feet per second. Use USA coin. If the coil is near the ground, it must be ground balance properly. Be sure not to balance over iron. If you are using any discrimination you will not hear the iron in the ground when balancing and it will be way off.

Schweitz

Sep 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand new guy here. Came on this site looking for a solution to the same problem. Got an At-pro a couple years ago and it was hit or miss in the beginning. Now it seem to only find shallow targets. Tried a different coil (CORS Strike). Same results. One thing I noticed on mine that may be relevant. Is when I do a ground balance at the beach I have no chatter and no numeric change.. so basically stays at factory reset. I've tried manually changing but have not found a GB setting that changes things.. this is while operating in STD Zero, no disc.. I'm about ready to make the call as well. Has anyone returned a unit and found out what the specific problem is? Thanks everyone.. very humble, seeking advice !

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only good thing Garrett makes are pin pointers.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had bad luck with garrett pinpointers. Never bought the orange one but had 2 propointers neither lasted more than a month before they became completely useless. Love the garrett gold pans though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread