bfo2012 any good???????????

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got the chance to buy a bfo2012 maximus the guy said hes set it to find gold only. Said its based on an earlier model of detector that hes modified claims 24 inches on a dime sized coin. Ive tried researching it but cant find any info on it I'm a little dubious to be honest he said I can buy it outright for £2800 or if buy in installments but this would cost £3500. What would you do please pay the 2800 or go for the installment plan. He wont let me take a picture of it until I buy it on the basis that his design could be leaked he did take me out for a field test the detector didn't make a sound until he reached a rock moving it aside he dug down about two feet and found a tiny gold ring. I asked him if i could give it a try he said i would need intensive training then proceed to give me a breakdown of the cost cash or installment plan once again. So advice please

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this post didn't take you an hour to put together :laughing7:

I'll sell you my bfo2011 maximus, that can locate a pin 36" down for 1/2 his asking price. I'll also toss in an interest free installment plan because I like you :thumbsup: Testing?? No problemo, knock yourself out, I'll even give you a week to figure it out. Yeah, I'm good like that :laughing7:

The whole thing sounds a bit strange to me, or something I would think of. :tongue3: I'll bet the head alone on that bad boy must be larger than a garbage can lid.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a description of a so-called "LRL", fake detectors with bogus electronics. The "inventor" knows how to fool an observer into thinking the thing "works" as long as the "inventor" is in control of the demonstration. Your description of what happened in the demo even explains how the "inventor" faked it-- he buried the ring and marked the spot with the rock.

So, what caused it to beep? Lots of ways to arrange that. It's not entirely impossible that a real metal detector could actually detect a small gold ring at 2 feet depth, but the "inventor's" assertion that the machine detects only gold and that you need intensive training, etc, etc, all that is straight out of the LRL con game cookbook.

There's a "long range locator" forum here on TreasureNet if you want more information on "LRL's".

--Dave J.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, unless you have more money than you know what to do with, why would you ever spend 3500 on a sight unseen detector ? This detector can find a gold ring 24 inches down? Not a chance. Run, dont walk away from this scam artist,

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, unless you have more money than you know what to do with, why would you ever spend 3500 on a sight unseen detector ? This detector can find a gold ring 24 inches down? Not a chance. Run, dont walk away from this scam artist,
he also said hes modded it so you can find only 9k right up 2 24k and also said white gold
every time I wavier about purchase he mods yet another feature

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
MM, I hope you're just having fun jerking this con man around, and not actually being tempted.

--Dave J.

Perhaps if you offer him 10 English pounds payable upon delivery? With the apparatus in your possession, you could probably find 10 pounds worth of stories to post about it in the LRL forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this post didn't take you an hour to put together :laughing7:

I'll sell you my bfo2011 maximus, that can locate a pin 36" down for 1/2 his asking price. I'll also toss in an interest free installment plan because I like you :thumbsup: Testing?? No problemo, knock yourself out, I'll even give you a week to figure it out. Yeah, I'm good like that :laughing7:

The whole thing sounds a bit strange to me, or something I would think of. :tongue3: I'll bet the head alone on that bad boy must be larger than a garbage can lid.

Is ur generous offer still open

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forget that bfo2012! I've got a bfo from 1973 that I'll sell you for half that price. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread