metal detector choices...

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, I know i have posted this here before but i'm gonna post it again as i have made some changes.

I will mostly be hunting around old homesteads(foundations, ect), beaches (land not water) parks ect. I will be doing mostly the parks beaches and homesteads, the homesteads are around civil war and older times there are old spring houses ect. supposed to be civil war encampment ect. what are my choices on a detector. I would prefer to keep it under or around $300. what are the best choices? I want quality too something that will last a while.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say, one more time, The Minelab Muskateer is a fair machine. I have one for a back up that I purchased from a TreasureNet member last year. It has few options, but the price was right. It handles the beach just fine and was created as an entry level relic hunter. MSRP last I checked was still around $300.00. The other detector that I would suggest would be a Tesoro. The Lobo was still in your price range last time I checked, and the coustomer service is outstanding. Good luck and HH! Chris

OP
OP
S

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks sg,
that should give me some to check into.
thanks
scavenger

Wirechief

Greenie
Sep 5, 2004
Hi Scavenger, I agree the Vaquero would be a good choice. It is a deep seeker and easy to operate. John's Radio Shop & Metal Detectors. Wirechief. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread