chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty simple... Turn it on and find your target...

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tip can be washed, but the pinpointer is not waterproof. Water will see in through the button, the little light, and the speaker. I ruined my first one, so I speak from experience. If you decide you want to use it in water, you can find some people who have covered all the above with layers of silicone. It will ruin your warranty, but it will work. Have fun!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you press hard on the dirt it will sound off ....other then that just learn how to tune and de tune it on targets and its going to be your magic wand

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
dustytrails123 said:
If you press hard on the dirt it will sound off ....other then that just learn how to tune and de tune it on targets and its going to be your magic wand

I thought that just mine did that. I sometimes want to throw it away because of this. I even took it apart to see if there was something wrong with it because it makes no sense....

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to agree with all those above, getting ready to get another one soon great to have, My fault after a rain should have put some tape over the speaker.
It would have kept the mud out for sure. Still has little sound would not leave home without mind. Battery starts going down it may go nuts just slip a new one in and your good to go.

HH...Miner

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, if you press hard on the tip it'll sound off. Also, here's something else valuable to know... when you're trying to pinpoint and it's going off and you're having a hard time getting to the exact spot, turn it off and then right back on. That'll make the search radius smaller, so you can get a more exact find. I think there's a YouTube video showing this technique. Let me find...

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch this video... it's a great help!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh i forgot to add tape the speaker up good with black tape to keep the muck out of it ...and watch for the foam on the cap by the battery if it falls out the unit will turn off when the battery slides around

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with the above posts. I thought mine was messed up until I found out from a friend that they all will sound off if you press too hard against the ground. The vibating part of mine has gone nuts now and I am taking it to Garrett on Friday for repair.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carry an extra 9V battery or two with your detecting gear. My battery died in the middle of a hunt without warning. Luckily my friend had an extra on him.

No complaints at all here! I love my Pro Pointer, does a great job.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I can add is always recheck your hole! just because the pinpointer hits on a nail doesn't mean there's nothing else in there. The other day I pulled out 5 nails before I found the actual coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread