Thinking about some sites near home.

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved to Pennsylvania about 8 years ago and just got back into detecting. I was going looking through some of the history here and found there use to be a 19th century prison in what is now a park as well as a bunch of old 1920's resorts on the top of one of the mountains. Who would I have to ask to detect these areas? They are not historic and they are more or less public or open areas not privately owned. Just some questions. Thanks for any feed back.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well. ... you say yourself they are public areas , not private. And you say yourself they are not "historic" (as in ... something sensitive). Then why do you think you need to. "ask" someone ?
Unless there is something that says you can't (a specific prohibition), then you don't need to ask. No moreso than needing to ask if you can fly a frisbee.

Assuming, of course , you're not making a mess , and are keeping clear of busy-bodies , etc...

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to make sure. I was looking at the park web sites in my area and they do not specifically say anything about detecting. I feel that myself and everyone that takes part in the hobby is an ambassador and it is up to us to make it look good in the eyes of the public. Thats why I am asking, plus

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well , you were a good ""ambassador". by looking it up. You've found no prohibitions, so Presto. There ya go, there's your answer . :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread