Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: swing speed

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    702 times
    tectin crap
    I kinda like to swing low and slow too. Even when I am not tectin, like at work for example.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian
    Big sign of lack of experience is the oft used statement "swing low and slow". Filtering affects the correct speed needed so four filter detectors like a lot of older Whites needed a faster than average sweep speed for best depth and I.D. Other types like Minelabs FBS and BBS models a much slower than average sweep.
    Even "low" is often not the best choice depending on the amount of mineralisation in the soil.

People always try to make up rules to follow but with detecting its not just possible.

I am not a expert like you, but with the whites v3i and the adjustments I use I swing slow and low as you put it.

In most cases this is the best choice. I would hunt right behind you any day. LOL

Aug 2011
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Swing speed kinda depends on what detector you have. Just keep swinging & eventually you'll be able to tell by your results!

Aug 2011
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gleaner1
    I kinda like to swing low and slow too. Even when I am not tectin, like at work for example.
    Lmao....u goofball gleaner

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    122 times
    Ticm....unfortunately you would find very little because you say you have had the DFX and the V3 both of which if you studied the handbooks you would find have a big advantage over more conventional detectors. Many detectors have fixed "best" speeds dictated by the circuitry. Whites on the other hand has provided you with adjustable sweep speeds that interact with recovery speed and filtering. If your not going to use the "edge" that Whites have provided you may as well buy a cheaper non adjustable machine.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian
    Ticm....unfortunately you would find very little because you say you have had the DFX and the V3 both of which if you studied the handbooks you would find have a big advantage over more conventional detectors. Many detectors have fixed "best" speeds dictated by the circuitry. Whites on the other hand has provided you with adjustable sweep speeds that interact with recovery speed and filtering. If your not going to use the "edge" that Whites have provided you may as well buy a cheaper non adjustable machine.

I happen to use proper adjustments, thank you. I see you collect detectors. I am sure even though you are a expert I would retrieve all the good finds you missed.

May a thousand lice descend upon your most likely very hairy arm pits.

us
    Jun 2012
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ticm View Post
    I happen to use proper adjustments, thank you. I see you collect detectors. I am sure even though you are a expert I would retrieve all the good finds you missed.

May a thousand lice descend upon your most likely very hairy arm pits.
    Oh man,You go ticm......................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors