I need help identifying a Metal Detector that would fit my purposes.

HuntingNovice

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this site and I hope it will help me learn a bit more about metal detectors I have metal detected before, but my ability was limited because the detector I started out with was a beginners one and so Its functions were extremly limited, It broke apart, and I had to fix it with duct-tape. It wasnt reliable so I sort of phased out of the hobby until I got the possiblity that I might be able to get a new one.

If any of you could point me to some metal detectors that meet this criteria, it would be greatly appreciated:

My price range is around $100-$300, I plan to do some fairly serious metal detecting for relics and coins, but one of my aunts also owns a beach house, so I would like it to be able to find jewelry and such on the beach(I don't plan on going near wet sand if that helps)

Any help is Appreciated! Looking forward to using this site ^_^!

Upvote 0

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Most importantly, if you are only going to be doing only fairly serious tectin, you will never do as good as the extremely serious tector dudes, and dudettes. Buy a machine in the 300 range, they all are good. Learn tectin. Upgrade if you are bitten.

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a smart phone, I recommend downloading and buying the Craigslist Pro app. With it, you can set up notifications for you searches, this way you see the best deals as they get listed. I just picked up an ace 350 lightly used for $75. College kid that needed some money. He said his folks had given it to him for Xmas and he was never really into it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Garrett Ace 150 or 250, they are in that price range.... The budget your setting is on the very bottom of detectors so your realliy limiting yourself. If you can scrpe up about $500-$600 you will be in a whole new ball park...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found this site and I hope it will help me learn a bit more about metal detectors I have metal detected before, but my ability was limited because the detector I started out with was a beginners one and so Its functions were extremly limited, It broke apart, and I had to fix it with duct-tape. It wasnt reliable so I sort of phased out of the hobby until I got the possiblity that I might be able to get a new one.

If any of you could point me to some metal detectors that meet this criteria, it would be greatly appreciated:

My price range is around $100-$300, I plan to do some fairly serious metal detecting for relics and coins, but one of my aunts also owns a beach house, so I would like it to be able to find jewelry and such on the beach(I don't plan on going near wet sand if that helps)

Any help is Appreciated! Looking forward to using this site ^_^!

Welcome from White Plains, New York! You can get a FANTASTIC metal detector for $170.00 - a Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water. You'll also need a GOOD sand scoop for the beach ($25 - $75,00), and a good hand digger for the dirt like a Lesche ($45.00) Good Luck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread