WANTED: A mentor to show me the ropes of MDing in Utah!

jamin_03

Jul 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washinton
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for someone experienced in the art of metal detecting that can take me under their wing and show me the basics. I do not have a detector yet, because I don't know where to look for quality machines and I'm a poor married student. I would be willing to help with hunts in Utah Valley and I won't take any of the finds for myself. I'm in it for the experience! I'm very excited about becoming a detectorist and want to learn the tools of the trade!

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Jamin. The ART? of metal detecting? I believe that is the first time I've heard it put like that. Hmmm. You ain't in it for the finds? You LIE! (just kidding.... don't hang up yet). I've been detecting for 40+ years. I am in it FOR THE FINDS. Forget that excersize BS. I'll tell you what I will do, if you can wait till August (I'm tapped out right now). I will send you a Garrett 250. Brand new. No kidding. I've done it before for others..... Tokemeel, Alpha105, others. Check it out. I have just ONE request. When you've found enough to pay for the machine, pay me back or send it back. Your choice. That way I can do it again for someone else. Maybe you can help someone when you have the chance. Agreed? This is NOT a freebie! I just have this INSANE idea that I must give it all back, before I die. It will take two more lifetimes to give back all I've found! Ok, give me a PM if you want to get this gig started! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, welcome to the net! Hang out here for good advice! TTC

DeadEye Ice

Jul 19, 2010
TerryC said:
Ok, Jamin. The ART? of metal detecting? I believe that is the first time I've heard it put like that. Hmmm. You ain't in it for the finds? You LIE! (just kidding.... don't hang up yet). I've been detecting for 40+ years. I am in it FOR THE FINDS. Forget that excersize BS. I'll tell you what I will do, if you can wait till August (I'm tapped out right now). I will send you a Garrett 250. Brand new. No kidding. I've done it before for others..... Tokemeel, Alpha105, others. Check it out. I have just ONE request. When you've found enough to pay for the machine, pay me back or send it back. Your choice. That way I can do it again for someone else. Maybe you can help someone when you have the chance. Agreed? This is NOT a freebie! I just have this INSANE idea that I must give it all back, before I die. It will take two more lifetimes to give back all I've found! Ok, give me a PM if you want to get this gig started! TTC

That is a mighty kind and generous thing you are doing there TerryC. You are an asset to this forum and hobby!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LOVE hearing that Ice, that's why I always say that. No, I have done that before. No biggie (for me, leastways). My only child (that I know of, ha!) passed away. I have no hiers, and my Twin (TimC) is Dying of cancer. What am I going to do? Take it with me? As I said above, I feel I gotta give it back. Tnx for the pat on the back. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions